[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After the Earthquake that hit Japan, many things have happened.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: oh fuk.jpg (634KB, 730x508px) Image search: [Google]
oh fuk.jpg
634KB, 730x508px
After the Earthquake that hit Japan, many things have happened. Some people say the situation is controlled now, some people say this could seriously fuck up the nips and eventually the world.

The question for /sci/ is: any non-plebs can enlighten me about the whole incident? On some new sources I read that the radiation is unstoppable at this point. To spice it up with some RP, what kind of measures would you take with the current situation?
>>
>>8868261
http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/fukushima.asp

That map is for wave height after the earthquake, not radiation.
>>
>>8868280
>Since the end of 2013, a hoax has been going around on the Internet saying that Reactor #3 is experiencing a meltdown. (In fact, it had already melted down some time earlier.)
Well, that was pretty fast. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>8868280
>snopes
>aka some people on the internet
very interdasting
>>
>>8868280
Oh noes, I thought radiation was measured in south american cm.
>>
>>
File: 1280px-Fukushima7.png (891KB, 1280x575px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Fukushima7.png
891KB, 1280x575px
>>
File: OOB7gnK.jpg (997KB, 2405x2340px) Image search: [Google]
OOB7gnK.jpg
997KB, 2405x2340px
>>8868261
that's cute
>>
>>8868825
Would you say it was properly controlled according to this?
>>
>>8869453
Is this even still bait? If you tell me its not I will believe you and explain why what youre saying sounds like it.
>>
>>8869453
Would you consider 20 centimeters of radiation properly controlled?
>>
>>8868489
You should probably check their citations and sources. It is the same as checking wikipedia citations.

>>8868496
You'd be amazed how many people send me this shitty image in the OP screaming about how much radiation there is now in the Pacific.

>tfw your friends are fucking morons

>>8868505
A bit cluttered, but I like it.

>>8868825
>Some localized tsunamis severely battered the Chilean coast, with waves up to 25 m (82 ft).

Fug.

>61 dead in Hilo, Hawaii
>35 feet high waves

Hawaii got extremely lucky from how bad it could have been. French Polynesia got hit too, but no deaths since they are all really well protected from that sort of thing and the waves were a paltry 3m at best.

>>8869453
pic
>>
>>8869494
>tfw your friends are fucking morons
I feel you, brother
>>
>>8868261
>what kind of measures would you take with the current situation
none. Unless you live 5 miles from the reactor you'll get more radiation from sitting in your house.

In fact, you might want to get that checked. Most people are unaware.

http://www.radon.com
>>
>>8871158
Wow. I think this is the first time I unironically found a shill...
How much are they paying for this sort of advertisment?
>>
File: zonemapcolor_800.jpg (509KB, 1200x930px) Image search: [Google]
zonemapcolor_800.jpg
509KB, 1200x930px
>>8872011
Its really only for houses/buildings with basements. Opening a window or allowing outside air into your HVAC system is all you need to do to get rid of it. Houses with vented crawl spaces don't have problems. However, it is still a legit concern in some areas more than others and with some styles of houses.
>>
>>8868261
Do you know 'cm'
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.