[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you feel as though your parents and family members held you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1492619519903.jpg (57KB, 482x549px) Image search: [Google]
1492619519903.jpg
57KB, 482x549px
Do you feel as though your parents and family members held you back as a child? Like...when they compared academic excellence to social development and chose to encourage the latter?
>"Whatever mom and dad. Now I hate everyone and my brain is all fucked up."
Tfw I ended up in comp-sci. On a side note, can I do anything to remedy my botched mental faculties? Is my whole development fucked?
>>
>>8865856
>when they compared academic excellence to social development and chose to encourage the latter
This but the former instead. Now I'm a virgin NEET because >nogf in highschool fucked my shit up.
>>
File: 1492158027587.jpg (132KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
1492158027587.jpg
132KB, 652x367px
>>8865856
>>
normie go complain on instagram about how you're so bad at math
>>
>be in 2nd or 3rd grade
>reading at a 5th grade level
>excelling in math
>teacher suggests to my parents that they move me up a grade
>they say no

>they tell me about it a decade later
>give some excuse about not wanting all my friends and classmates to be older than me

I told my parents I forgave them. I told them I understood they were just doing what they thought was best for me. But to this day, every single time I remember it I get so fucking livid I want to scream and start breaking shit until my knuckles shatter and everything around me is dented, cracked, bloody, and in flames.
>>
>>8865998
Parents not caring what their child thinks when making decisions about them are a real problem
>>
File: 4125.png (141KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
4125.png
141KB, 500x281px
>>8865856
>having parents or family members as a child
>>
>But we put you in karate!
>But we put you in Lego Robotics!
Can't read
Can't talk to other children
>You were in a good private school!
>You were a good kicker in karate!
24, still cannot look adult men in the eyes
Cannot even have adult females in my field of vision or else I'm nervous the rest of the day they're going to tell a man and have the man yell at me
>We let you go to your grandparents whenever you wanted!
Inhibited me from lifting weights from ages 11-13
Dad consistently yelled at me never to rape a girl, he would hold my face and look into my eyes to check if i would
>when you're in your twenties, will you date a smart girl or a rich girl?
>if you're at a party and your friends invite you somewhere else, you call us first right?
Questions like that arise daily, not answering or incorrect answers result in lectures about morality and spanking to help "embed the information with an intense memory"
>any interaction with Dad would be him mounting my arms and moving them, then he would tell me when to grab. He fixed engines like this with the intention of me learning the process. I was terrified of the noises the entire time and could only feel MOLESTED because of the spooning position he would keep me in
>FEED THE DOGS
>>
>>8866143
Seek help, Anon. I mean that in a supportive way.
>>
>>8865998
>be in third grade
>reading at a level > 9000
>be attending a school so po-dunk and overrun by refugees the option to skip a grade doesn't even exist

get on my level
>>
>>8865998
>implying moving up a grade would have positively impacted your life at all

I know a bunch of people who did it, and the only thing that happens is they graduate a year or two before everyone else. They're never even the smartest in the class, always average or below average even, who think they'll be the next Einstein by graduating at the age of 21 instead of 22 and getting Bs in physics.
>>
>>8865998
Why do you care?
>>
>>8867067
I feel like they effectively held me back a year in school. That's a whole year of my youth that I'll never get back.
>>
File: 1489871438326.png (588KB, 843x717px) Image search: [Google]
1489871438326.png
588KB, 843x717px
>>8865856
Honestly, why don't you anons go to therapy? It might just help you if you give it a chance.

No one is perfect. My parents are not an exception, neither are your parents. Now that I'm living on my own and really got to reflect on everything that they've done for me (good and bad), I appreciate them more.

You're ultimately responsible for your happiness. I guarantee you that someone who was dealt a shittier hand than you've been dealt has crafted their own happiness. It's never too late to socialize yourself or get better in a field that you want to go into. You just have to go against your grain for a while.

I believe in all of you, anons
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.