[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any electricalfags could explain this? https://www.liveleak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: abc.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Any electricalfags could explain this?

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b3e_1493319264
>>
Electricity is a spectrum, dumb idiot.
>>
>>8864299
Not an electric fag but Its not necessarily odd. We have a computer cart that if you touch the metal door frame while holding onto the cart you feel a current going through you. I imagine a similar thing is happening here.
>>
>>8864299
THIS IS A DRILL
>>
>>8864299
Your outlet isn't properly grounded.
>>
>>8864375

yeah i tought so
but it works for several years like that in this building and nobody got zapped yet
>>
induction nigger
>>
>>8864400
Probably because the voltage is pretty low.
>>
maybe your hand offers to much resistivity?
>>
Shitty outlets. Everything metallic I touch in my home is like that. Gotta keep them feet off the floor unless zapping is sought.
>>
>>8864299

Open your drill and see if the board/circuits are fucked

It is very possible that it did fail but the resistance of the metal base is enough to prevent it from snapping when you touch it

back in the day this kind of failure was a major concern. Double insulation is a major advantage to having plastic tools
>>
>>8864299
>No ground
What kind of a third world shithole you live in?
>>
>>8864739

you retarded?

theres ground, its japanese Makita tools that have no ground
>>
>>8864299
just a fault to earth my dude , throw it out
>>
I would call something like the body acting like an antenna possible. The body is picking up the waves coming from the AC lines and upon touching the metallic contact it's forms a circuit.

I base this on an accidental experiment with touching the base lead of a BJT which was enough to make the load at the collector (a led) light up. Considering how the transistor works, it may be true that the touch alone isn't enough to light up a led, but required the transconductance amplification action. The voltage at the base was something to the effect of 10 volts in reference to the ground, which was surprising.

I don't know what's the sensitivity of the testing screwdriver.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-100-500V-Voltage-Detector-Screwdriver/dp/B00AFXJRFQ
How have you guys never head of a voltage detector
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.