[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/ I am not really a highly educated guy in terms of paper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: shape_pic-5Draisine.png (83KB, 349x295px) Image search: [Google]
shape_pic-5Draisine.png
83KB, 349x295px
Hi /sci/ I am not really a highly educated guy in terms of paper qualifications and I want to know the steps that I could do in my daily life that will lessen the effects of global warming. Right now I am planning to head out into the world on a new touring bicycle and get to know more about the earth face to face.
>>
>>8863425
The manufacturing process of a bicycle releases about as much CO2 emissions as three months of driving a car.
>>
>>8863425
eat less or better no meat, take public transit/bike/walk, use less electricity, try to buy shit with a small footprint (hemp clothes etc), keep your shit for a long time and maintain it (don't throw stuff out all the time or keep buying shit excessively)

that's just off the top of my head, there's definitely more you can do
>>
>>8863425
recycle, compost

>getting a big gas guzzler can actually be better in the long run because their parts last longer
>>
buy local, think global

I don't exactly know what organic means in terms of farming practices but avoiding GMO is stupid. GMO is good for the environment and not actually bad for you.
>>
hi all, thanks and very good advice. Keep them coming.
>>
>>8863432
Breathing releases CO2 so you better stop
>>
>>8863425
Compost
Don't use electricity
Grow your own food, I think out has a thread for that
Talk about climate change to the point of annoying everyone you come in contact with and it puts serious strain on your intrapersonal relationships
Lobby congress
Plant a forest/ get into habitat restoration
>>
>>8863476
This isn't true
GMO and the agrochem industry that come along with it are terrible for the environment and biodiversty by incentivizing unethical farming practices the destory soil, wild plant communities, and plant-pollinator networks.
GMOs and large scale monocroping go hand in hand, GMOs aren't bad for their health effects or inherently wrong, but most genetic modification is unethically used in attempt to further industrialize agriculture
>>
File: 1483060428311.jpg (277KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483060428311.jpg
277KB, 1920x1200px
>>8865643
yo thanks man whoever you are. I am studying about global warming now on the internet.
>>
>>8863425

Don't vote for Trump next time or any others uneducated right wing politicians.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.