[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, I'm doing my M.Sc. thesis defense today. Have you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 670px-Ask-a-Girl-Out-Step-4.jpg (119KB, 670x533px) Image search: [Google]
670px-Ask-a-Girl-Out-Step-4.jpg
119KB, 670x533px
Anons, I'm doing my M.Sc. thesis defense today.

Have you got any last-minute wisdom for me?
>>
Don't wear cargo pants.
>>
>>8863174
Don't rant about unrelated topics and don't go over time like some rude fedoralord
>>
Relax. It's basically impossible to screw up if you understand your research.

Read up on related work a bit. You are likely to receive questions along the lines of "how does this compare to McFaggot's theory of derpification?".
>>
File: dog zoom.jpg (52KB, 936x615px) Image search: [Google]
dog zoom.jpg
52KB, 936x615px
>>8863174
It's better to go all out and say everything you know that is relevant about your thesis rather than playing 5d chess with your panel and intentionally leaving out bits of info because you know they'd ask about them in the question and answer portion of your defense and you'd answer them satisfactorily.

Good luck.
>>
Stay calm. Be polite. If you did your research properly its impossible to screw over. Be nice but have a plan to kill everybody in the room. [Don't take this literally]
>>
>>8863174
Think of obvious questions. What are obvious open ends in your work? What are related basics that you should know about (that can go as basic as Maxwell's equations or something like that)? Why did you do what you did, i.e. what is the scientific context of your work?

Other than that, stay calm, it's usually no big deal, as it's not in the interest of both parties to fuck you over.
>>
>>8863174
The reviewers WILL understand the weaknesses of your ideas. You'd better make sure you understand them as well.
>>
>>8863174
Don't eat or drink anything other than water within the 4-5 hours before you go.
>>
>>8863178
>>8863174
wear jorts.
>>
>>8863174
Bring food. The more food you bring the less questions your committee will ask.

Also spike the coffee with sedatives, that helps too
>>
>>8863763
bring crab legs?
>>
File: jorts.jpg (107KB, 550x569px) Image search: [Google]
jorts.jpg
107KB, 550x569px
>>8863521
This is actually sound advice.
>>
>>8863763
>bring food

Is this a meme? What the fuck kind of food would one bring to their defense?
>>
>>8864448
If I wasn't deathly I'll on the day of my phd defense I was going to bring bagles (just some sort of simple breakfast snack for the guests).

But I scratched that idea as I didn't want to spread my illness.
>>
>>8864638
ill***
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.