[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Use your knowledge of genetics to explain how a karyotype

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DNA what.png (69KB, 1015x761px) Image search: [Google]
DNA what.png
69KB, 1015x761px
Use your knowledge of genetics to explain how a karyotype like this could arise.
>>
>>8862806
>genetics
>karyotypes
get this bullshit out of here
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8862811
>text-based language
>>>/lit/
>>
>>8862811
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>8862866
Science is based on facts, not social constructs
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8862868
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>8862806
>one x chromosome
>no y chromosome
Are you some kind of faggot
>>
>>8862927
>two copies of 16 from one parent, none from the other
>deletion on chromosomes 9 and 6.
>>
>>8862806
chromosomes are a spectrum
>>
>>8862971
deletions can happen and you can have inherited them

it's funny that you got the same chromosome 16 though

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisomy_16

basically at an early stage you were supposed to die because you had a trisomy 16, because your mom is old and she had a disjunction issue in her egg

BUT, after the first few divisions some cells who had too many chromosomes died ( the cells that had your dad's 16 chromosome too ) so you were left with cells that only had your mom's 16 chromosome

There's other less likely scenarios where your dad didn't give you a chromosome 16, your mom and dad are related (unlikely due to recombination)
>>8862811
>>8862994
>>>/pol/
is where you false flag
>>
>>8863002
>>8862971
Also one day if you plan to have kids your wife will be at a higher risk because some of your cells might contain trisomy 16, but once the fetus has reached the first three months, then the fetus is most likely normal

this is because some of your sperm cells will carry 2 chromosome 16(abnormal), some will carry one (normal)
>>
File: 1467906330412.jpg (50KB, 421x421px) Image search: [Google]
1467906330412.jpg
50KB, 421x421px
>TFW you share more DNA with chimpanzees than with your mother
Why even live?
>>
>>8863014
>this is because some of your sperm cells will carry 2 chromosome 16(abnormal), some will carry one (normal)
Wouldn't that only happen if the gametogenic cells had trisomy? According to the readout, chromosome 16 copy numbers are normal.

As for the deletions though, I could see that causing some sort of problem.
>>
I thought a karyotype is a photo or an image of all the chromosomes of an organism, arranged in an array.
>>
>>8864541
>Wouldn't that only happen if the gametogenic cells had trisomy?
they do though, some do anyway

they start out as a cell with 46 chromosomes, they divide into 2x23
BUT if one of them has 47, then one will have 24, the other 23
i don't really know desu

if deletion is not in some important part, then it's ok, you'd think 23andme compared the total chromosome and not just coding parts
>>
>>8864615
Thats true, this is a digital karyotype.
>>8864721
>they do though, some do anyway
Why?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.