[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brainlet here, how can I improve my scientific literacy? Assume

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0746.gif (3KB, 226x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0746.gif
3KB, 226x282px
Brainlet here, how can I improve my scientific literacy? Assume I'm full on retardo and only know the basics. I'm tired of being rused by marketing and propaganda, I just want to learn the pure unadulterated facts.
>>
>>8861385
Find a textbook in what you want to be educated in
If it's too hard go down a year in class subject until you find something just out of your comfort zone
>>
Honestly, if your IQ is below 135, I wouldn't bother. You're not going to have the speed and concentration required to grasp most science.
>>
>>8861385

>brainlet he-

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>8861385
>how can I improve my scientific literacy
The same way you improve literacy, reading. Read textbooks and study subjects that you find interesting.
>>
My advice is to not start from definitions and formulas, but rather to approach problems naturally and only learn definitions as necessary.
>>
>>8861385

Textbooks are your best bet, look up a reading list for an AP or sophomore-tier course in the subject you;re interested in and get a copy of their main textbook. They tend to be fairly expensive but there's a big secondhand market in them and you can always pirate an ebook version.
>>
>>8861438
This is kind of what I was thinking, however I am kind of looking for books explaining ways to interpretate thinks such as medical studies and the like. I just have no idea where to start with that sort of thing.
>>
File: Required Reading - easy mode.png (3MB, 1360x2765px) Image search: [Google]
Required Reading - easy mode.png
3MB, 1360x2765px
>>8861385
>>
File: 1467763082061.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1467763082061.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
>>8861392
>>
>>8861389
Honestly you should probably get multiple textbooks on the same subject and read through them all, then personally discussing what you learned with individuals who are knowledgeable on said subject and doing your own research to verify what you learned (I.E. Google)
>>
>>8861385
Textbooks are shit. You must first learn how to think. Then let the textbooks tell you what to think from an objective standpoint, almost arguing with each statement. Only then can you unlock the power of the human brain. The only thing that makes you retarded is laziness and lack of commitment. So-called smart people are so just because of practice and repetition. They eventually get comfortable with something and ace it.
>>
>>8861450
why do you want to read medical studies?
>>
>>8862361
How does one learn how to think though
>>
>>8861385
honest to god wikipedia is always a good place to start the basic learnins of a subject. If you find something midly interesting then read up on it and if it increases your interests then go into deaper learning such as textbooks and then classic research papers in the field and then modern papers
>>
>>8862882
bump
>>
>>8862882
respond you nigger
>>
>>8862882
>>
>>8862882
If you weren't 'smart' as a kid it's probably impossible for you to learn how to think scientifically. Your best bet is to get a friend who is smart, ask them to explain specific stuff that confuses you, and hope that you can pick up some of the knowledge that they give you. You'll probably never reach their level but at least you'll be smarter.
>>
>>8861385
Have you thought about becoming a Journalist? All you need is black rimmed glasses then. You can be completely retarded otherwise.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.