[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the universe so big if we're never going to witness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: deep_field.jpg (18KB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
deep_field.jpg
18KB, 480x287px
Why is the universe so big if we're never going to witness even a fraction of it let alone leave our own star? Who designed this game? Cut this shit out dude
>>
>>8861001
>We're never going to witness even a fraction of it

Maybe we can break the speed of light in the future with wormholes.
>>
>>8861013
They've already proved negative mass exists. Warp drives looks more and more like it will become a reality.
>>
>>8861001
You just need through see the universe through Wild glasses.

Just like a number is not a number unless you can write it down, a planet is not a planet unless you can personally see it.

That means only the earth and the moon exists. Great.
>>
>>8861001
Why do you assume the universe should be a size that's easy for us to see?
>>
>>8861001
for my incredibly huge brain and superior intellect the universe appears tiny

comprehending the vastness of the universe to me is as easy of a task as comprehending the size of your bathroom is to you, brainlet

you are beneath me and it's good that you are because I can easily piss on your head without needing to climb on a higher place
>>
>>8861462
>They've already proved negative mass exists
source
>>
>>8861462
>>8861610
they didn't, it was negative effective mass in a bose-einstein condensate. While neat, it does not show that negative mass exists. It's similar to how you can create something resembling a black hole using a BEC (or at least it obeys the same equations) and it gives off "Hawking radiation". This doesn't mean that Hawking radiation happens in real black holes but it is pretty neat.
>>
File: 1492899933086.gif (3MB, 357x281px) Image search: [Google]
1492899933086.gif
3MB, 357x281px
>>8861616
>it was negative effective mass in a bose-einstein condensate
simplify that for brainlets please
>>
>>8861622
u r pig

[math]\text{Piggot=} \lim_{x\to\infty} \int\limits_{faggot}^{x} pig(x) dx[/math]
>>
>>8861627
nigga that ain't helping
>>
Why not? It's all relative after all
>>
>>8861622
just look it up, it's just like how electrons experience an effective mass in a crystal because of interactions with the atomic lattice.
>>
Is this the designated >>>/x/ thread?
>>
OP doesn't seem to realize that we have literally all the time in the universe to do those things.
>>
>>8863334
>we have literally all the time in the universe to do impossible things
>>
File: 952453_orig.jpg (10KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
952453_orig.jpg
10KB, 400x295px
>>8861001
It's a hard pill to swallow but the universe exists on a spectrum and most of it is unreachable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.