[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /sci/ tell me what lies beyond the event horizon? Or are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: BH_wip_v14.jpg (41KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
BH_wip_v14.jpg
41KB, 960x480px
Can /sci/ tell me what lies beyond the event horizon? Or are you a bunch of brainlets?
>>
a point of compressed matter.
>>
>>8855615
Be more specific
>>
>>8855616
there isn't anything else there.
>>
>>8855650
You got it all figured it out. Why are all scientists saying they have no clue then
>>
>>8855655
they aren't.

>>>/x/
>>
>>8855605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMRYZMv0jRE
>>
>>8855605

If you crossed the event horizon of a huge black hole you wouldn't even notice, space looks the same on both sides. However, you would soon notice a problem when you tried to leave, because all directions inside the event horizon lead to the singularity.

This is only true of very large black holes, smaller ones have tidal forces that extend to and even beyond their event horizons which will tear you to pieces.
>>
>>8855659
Yes they are
>>
File: albert-einstein.jpg (292KB, 806x746px) Image search: [Google]
albert-einstein.jpg
292KB, 806x746px
>>8855605
All the dark matter and anti-matter that we can't find.

You're welcome.
>>
>>8855669
yawn
>>
>>8855605
It's where I am, lol.
Bet you can't find me!
>>
>>8855605
A universe with different rules for matter?
>>
>>8855668
Well you technically would notice long before it happened, due to the fact that space around you would seem completely dark aside from a small cone of light above you. Just outside the event horizon, the only light that will reach you is light from directly behind you.
>>
>>8855669
>t-the pseudo-scientists in my popsci documentaries say we don't know
>t-they'd never just say that to sound cool and mysterious
>>
>>8855605
https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-th/9601029
At the center of this 1/4 BPS d=5 N=4 one is just an open string attached to a D-brane wrapped in some interior dimensions.
>>
File: 1424470839967.jpg (220KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1424470839967.jpg
220KB, 640x480px
>>8855605
>what lies beyond the event horizon?
The Cauchy horizon, obviously,
>>
>>8855605
According to GR naked singularities are possible, we could discover one any day if GR holds in this respect.
>>
>>8855605
https://youtu.be/_7shU4uxljM?t=29m
>>
>>8855605
if no one has been/visited a black hole then how can we tell you what is beyond the event horizon
>>
>>8857897
They can't. They can only theorize until we find someone dumb enough to go through one but smart enough to become an astronaut.
>>
Spaghetti. It is my dream to enter a black hole and become one with the spaghetti.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.