[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are normies so obsessed with "Quantum Physics"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: AdobeStock_89601290_700.jpg (241KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
AdobeStock_89601290_700.jpg
241KB, 700x468px
Why are normies so obsessed with "Quantum Physics"? As soon as I mention I'm studying pure mathematics I always get asked "Oh but anon what do you think of XYZ in Quantum Theory?" What's with this shit? Aren't even actual physicists tired of this meme?
>>
yes they are, nobody really has given a shit about quantum fundamentals since 20s-30s or so
>>
>>8852988
But anon! What do you think of string theory and the Higgs boson xdddd
Does this mean aliens are visiting the Earth?
>>
Haha Sheldor XD
>>
>>8852988
Anon, what are we going to do with all these quantum computers?
>>
File: 9ff.png (893KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
9ff.png
893KB, 600x800px
>>8853013
Bangladesh!
>>
Most of the questions I hear are about the involvement of quantum physics in "the law of attraction" from idiots who read self help books. I want to die constantly.
>>
I personally think normies like "Quantum Physics" because they like the factoids about quantum mechanics they learn from popsci or documentaries. These factoids are usually presented in a manner that can easily be """"understood"""" by almost anyone. Also during highschool most normies are absolute shit at Physics so they remember those factoids to appear smart and """prove""" that they understood Physics all along. I can guarantee if these people actually started learning quantum mechanics they probably just be brain dead by the time they reach schrodinger's equation.
>>
>quantum physics
How long has it been around for, 100 years?
I'm honestly surprised the novelty hasn't worn off yet.
>>
>>8853086
We discuss God's nonexistence in philosophy class, and there is always a bunch of brainlets claiming that law of attraction exists. It's so fucking annoying, I want to beat the shit outta them. Why can't they understand that brains are no more than atoms.
>>
>>8852988
because the word quantum sounds cool.
>>
>>8852988
>what do you think about physics law that are already discovered
how is this conversation? would someone ever ask what you thought about newton's second law?

next time this happens ask them if they know what the wave equation is or how it describes the motion of a wave.

if they cant you know for sure theyre an absolute retard and theres no way they could understand basic quantum physics concepts, like schrodinger's equation
>>
>>8852988
Will quantum computer be AI singualrity and our true god?
>>
>>8853342
>If they don't know it already they have an inability to know it
>>
>>8853411
no you absolute retard
it's "if you don't know how to do 1+1, there's no way you know the multiplication tables"
so obviously if someone's talking about quantum magic without knowing the first thing about modern physics they're brainlet faggots
>>
I hate all those people who think they are hot shit because they took some intro course on QM or relativity.

>"hey bro you still studying *anything from classical mechanics*? lmao don't you know newton was wrong? XDD"
>"OMG quantum mechanics is so much harder than anything else, all the advanced maths and like spinors and Schroedinger equation, man"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.