[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is consciousness an operating system of the brain? Is it something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: r1150937_14424150.jpg (18KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
r1150937_14424150.jpg
18KB, 340x191px
Is consciousness an operating system of the brain? Is it something more than that? Does it have mass? Does it exist in more dimensions than our body? Are we even sure it exists?
>>
Check out "The Soul Hypothesis" book.
It might open your mind to the possibilities of other ways of thinking about awareness.
>>
"If the mind could benunderstood simply, we'd be too simple to understand it"
>>
Consciousness is Consciousness.
>>
File: platon.jpg (44KB, 700x430px) Image search: [Google]
platon.jpg
44KB, 700x430px
But what is it to be conscious?
>>
File: 46.jpg (116KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
116KB, 532x800px
It's a unique set of particles that changes its parts instance by instance
>>
>>8852684
That will probably be the birth of AI

Downloading someone's consiousness to a computer. Then having that consiousness expand.
>>
>>8852854
How do you know it's downloadable?
>>
>>8852684
Is walk an operating system of the leg? Is it something more than that? Does it have mass? Does it exist in more dimensions than our legs? Are we even sure it exists?
>>
>>8852684
Philosophers have wrecked their mind over this for centuries - from my degree emergentism seemed to be the best hypothesis, the question was whether it acted on the body or not. So in one way it could be seen as an OS or otherwise as a display.

As for the existence of qualia, who the fuck knows. One thing we know for sure is that the existence of a subjective dimension is absolutely separate to the rest of the universe we know and im not sure science, the investigation of the objective can ever give us insight into it. The existence of experience is the most wondorous puzzle of the world.
>>
>>8852684

This man is called Brian Cox.

Cox.
>cocks.
>lots of cocks
>in your mouth
>in your skin
>a bag of cox
>a forest with cox instead of leaves
>a marine coral with fishes swimming between large, venous cox.
>>
What is the name of the organization that said my early tweet storm to physics related twitter accounts was actually a mega-fracas due to Cox saying something slightly wrong about quantum energy levels?
>>
You are a bio-chemical machine with electrical signals and chemical reactions; just a bunch of sensors responding to the environment(the difference between the organisms). you can't be any more conscious than the sensors of the human body and the rage of their response. As you "live"(respond), you accumulate, and mold, associative memory to the experiences you have had. (Yes, emotions are real, but they are chemical reactions)

that's life
>>
>>8852684
Here's an idea. If a person blew up from a bomb and was reconstructed back to life with atom manipulation, the person is either a copy of a person or the original person that was five hours ago before the bomb explosion. There are two outcomes which I already said which is the copy or the original that was five hours ago. If the copy idea is correct, then that means consciousness is gone forever if the person dies. If the person reconstructed back to life is the original that was five hours ago, then that proves consciousness can live even though the body is gone.
>>
>>8852684
>be conscious
>doesn't know what consciousness is
woa
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.