[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Specific technical question involving neurophysiology: how much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: serotonin.jpg (275KB, 1280x1223px) Image search: [Google]
serotonin.jpg
275KB, 1280x1223px
Specific technical question involving neurophysiology: how much time do synaptic receptors from serotonine and dopamine regulation systems need to recover their normal function pre-meds after the last dosage of an atypical antipsychotic such as risperidone or aripiprazole, taken during several months at standard dosages?
>>
>>8850842
After some months of drug use? Several weeks is my estimate. I'm not an 100% expert however.
>>
>>8850842
Depending on the potency of the drug, it can take anywhere between 5days to 2weeks for the brain to become normalized again. I've not heard of a case where there still exists an imbalance after 2 weeks.
>>
>>8850842
Considering all antipsychotics can cause permanent tardive dyskinesia, possibly never.
>>
>>8850842
It varies from person to person but probably 4-6 weeks
>>
>>8851126
I should also add, when it comes to serotonergic recreational drugs like LSD and MDMA tolerance usually resets after a month if that's anything to go by.
>>
>risperidone or aripiprazole
what's the biochem mechanism of those? where do they spud in?
>>
I fucking hate taking anti psychotics and I very much doubt there are people who exist who actually stay on them longer than a year or two. I'd rather die than take zyprexa or latuda again.

t. Bipolar who lies to his psychiatrist and only takes lithium
>>
>>8851142
They are dirty drugs that interact with a number of receptors.
All antipsychotics are D2 antagonists (execpt for aripiprazole which is a partial D2 agonist) which is the main mechanism for their neroleptic and antipsychotic effects.
They are also anti histamines, anti serotonergics and block alpha adrenergic receptors.
>>
related to OP, 4 months and still with symptoms, am I fucked up or what?
>>
>>8851337

bump because worried
>>
>>8851337

bump again
>>
>>8851337

bumpo
>>
>>8852086
>>8851871
>>8851471
Placebo effect, quit thinking about it you worried cuck
>>
>>8850842
>synaptic receptors from serotonine and dopamine regulation systems need to recover their normal function

The receptors are the same and stay the same, unless your drug of choice binds irreversibly to them. In that case, its all about protein turnover rate and transcriptional control. A pathway that is being overexerted with often have a feedback mechanism to quell expression of whatever gene/protein is upstream. This change depends entirely on the pathway. Second messenger pathways like cAMP can be damped and reset within hours. Others could take weeks. You'd have to look at the specific receptor and its resulting pathway cascade to find out.
>>
>>8852254

>>8851337 here again, this is not placebo for sure. I have this strange feeling -like if my brain was blocked, numbness, like having the brain in cotton- since I finished with the drug. what do I do now?
>>
>>8852967

bump again. Hell, consider my situation.

>took antipsychotics due to a misdiagnosis
>possibly not being able to focus again
>possibly not being able to concentrate again
>possibly goodbye to study

halp *sob sob*
>>
bump because not placebo, shieeet.
>>
>>8853123
you need some sort of new experiences for a longer period. I suggest you make a 4 week vacation to a place you've never been before, and were you get lots of new input, maybe an asian country. also do sports and sleep a lot. ride a bike to new places. zero alcohol, zero drugs, zero smoking. this might stimulate your neuroneogenesis.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.