[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the majority of scientific breakthroughs that we take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (65KB, 250x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 250x361px
Why did the majority of scientific breakthroughs that we take for granted today come from rich Lords who had too much time in their hands?

Even quantim mechanics and relativity were developed by rich aristocrats who literally shut themselves in their room for years until they finally cracked it.
>>
because they had the NEET freedom that no wageslave will ever have.
>>
>>8850158
There was a time in the past when only rich people (the gentry) went to school. In the UK education up to age 12 only became mandatory in 1870, after 12 you had to pay, which put it out of the reach of most people.
>>
>>8850164
Education is overrated. Even with all the knowledge we have today there people who still believe in bullshit like the memedrive and flat earth.
>>
>>8850167
>Education is overrated
But without education you can't do any of what OP said.
>>
>>8850178
I meant education for all is a pointless endeavour. Only 1% of people will make huge contributions to science anyway.
>>
>>8850167
>memedrive
Maybe if you didn't think education is overrated you'd be able to figure out how it works.
>>
>>8850185
But you don't know which 1%.
>>
>>8850185
Only if you're educating to produce people who will make huge contributions (let's not get into the fact that "huge contributions" get harder and harder to do and that people not making "huge contributions" have to facilitate those that are, with life times of work). Which wouldn't work anyway because you can't tell who will make contributions, or enable those who might to get the education so they can do so.

But that's not even the purpose of education, it improves life in literally every way and there is no reason not to be highly educated.

If you're OP I think you're legitimately retarded.
How would anyone have time to care about scientific breakthroughs when they're struggling to survive and not die at 35.
this >>8850161
>>
>>8850158
that's why there's such a strong correlation between IQ, intelligence, quality of education , income level and quality of life.

Intelligence like any other aspect of the human body decreases in quality / power when you don't use it. You adapt to your environment. If your environment is being a wage cuck or living surrounded by stupid people who leech precious seconds from your life with their bullshit you will become a retard one day. Maybe not a retard but you will become more and more stupid. More and more adapted to an environment of poverty, time-wasting, substance-abuse and normalfaggotry.
>>
>>8850204
Humans adapt. You can adapt to an environment of educated, intelligent people just as well as you can adapt to an environment full of cretinous normalfags that waste their lives doing nothing but consuming drugs and fucking their fat whores (wives).

By "just as well" I mean that you can adapt to both situations. But if you're born stupid and don't have potential you're going to need a lot more hardworking to reach a decent level in an environment full of intelligent people. Either way, you're adapting. If you don't have potential you adapt through hard work. If you're intelligent, you can adapt in a much shorter time. If you're a genius, you can adapt incredibly fast.

Thing is that I think that intelligent people are still susceptible to many "normalfag" problems. Many geniuses were troubled by frustrations, by irrational problems that clouded and infected their way of thinking. Those frustrations led to problems such as caring too much about politics, about pussy, being depressed, caring too much about what over people think. For example: Nietzsche (was fucking prostitutes constantly), Boltzmann (killed himself), Ted Kaczynski (tried to change the world and bring it to anarchy rather than adapt to it and get pussy / get a wife as he said he wanted to), etc.

Frustrations and a bad environment can harm even the smartest people.

A good environment, a good level of income, health, socializing with the right people, constant challenges, etc => a well developed and well adapted genius that lives to his potential. I think you could change that => to a <=>.
>>
>>8850196
>how it works
It doesn't.
>>
>>8850185
Democracies can't function with an uneducated population.
>>
>>8850233
And yet very smart people continue to waste time and money building and testing the things.

Baffling.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.