[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What possible explanations could there be to explain the app

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: chelsea manning.jpg (61KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
chelsea manning.jpg
61KB, 620x465px
What possible explanations could there be to explain the apparent correlation between transgenderism and autism?

www.medscape.com/viewarticle/822077
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2050052115000049
>>
>>8848664
people who claim gender dysphoria tend to be fucked up in the head
>>
>>8848664
Manning is a hero.
>>
Most trans are MtF and autism is a disproportionately male condition
>>
Gender dysphoria is caused by OCD, so as much of a connection as there is between autism and OCD.
>>
>>8848728
>Gender dysphoria is caused by OCD
Source?
>>
Really the only one I've heard is that autistic people tend to cling to identities, and since transgender people tend to have difficulty relating to other people socially (due to other people percieving them as their biological gender), and intense discomfort with themselves, I wouldn't be surprised that autistic people tend to be more prevalent.

Keep in mind the amount of autistic people in trans people is around ~10% while in every day life it's around (IIRC) ~2-3%, so while it is a big increase, it's nowhere near the norm for trans people
>>
While we're on the topic, whaddy'all niggas think about the gender queer movement? Imo it kinda undermines what the trans community have been fighting for over all these years, since the former argues that gender is fluid and changeable, while the latter have always argued that you're born with a particular gender that never changes.

I suppose what I'm really asking is, is there any scientific basis on either of these two social movements?
>>
>>8848855
IIRC if you look at a graph of people identifying themselves as lgbtq over the years, you will see a giant curve mostly corresponding to the millenial generation.

However, if you take the q out of the equation, this massive curve goes back to a straight line.

However, I can't find this graph anymore so I can't provide anything definitive.
>>
>>8848881
>>8848855
Trans people shouldn't be lumped in with homosexuals, they're completely different issues. I think it's disrespectful to lump in someone who wants someone of the same sex, with someone who wants to change their genetic make up to match their desired gender.
>>
>>8848911
Err, I'm >>8848855 and I didn't do that, though?

>>8848881 sorta did, but even so, what's so disrespectful about it? Society in general regards them as a singular entity, and you can see from the way that those in the group brand themselves as LGBTQ(QIP2SAA, if you want to include those 'recent' ones), that they demand rights for all in equal measure. So I don't really understand where you're coming from.

Any bio/neuro fags in the mix, with something to contribute?
>>
>>8848664
I'm not sure but both should be gassed
>>
>>8848664
The best childhood predictor of adulthood gender dysphoria is autism scale scores. Doesn't have to be threshold/autism diagnosis level either.

Working model is that borderline autistic children develop a fixation on gender which may develop into gender dysphoria in adulthood.

Of course, this all based off what I read 6 years ago when I read some research on it. Didn't actually click your link.

I don't recommend bringing this research up in public though, people will just dismiss it as transmysoginistic or whatever without actually reading anything.

>>8849368
I'm a neuro person, but this is not my field.

No opinion on this sort of matter, but some of my gay friends dislike being grouped with transgender individuals as they feel it puts the responsibility of trans rights on them.

Personally, having gone to a SLAC for undergrad, I think the only reason gender carp is overblown these days among my generation (and probably moreso in younger ones) is that it allows the middle class white kid who has never struggled anymore to feel victimized. It allows the white woman to judge other white women and in fact be considered more victimized than racial/sexuality minorities. In other words, at my SLAC it was mostly financially comfortable white kids who found it trendy to be victimized (this is in particular reference to genderqueer/non binary individuals, not mtf or ftm transgender individuals--having to actually commit to an identity wouldn't allow these kids to be optimally victimized at any given time).

I also saw dude (white) get out of sexual assault for claiming he identified as an asian woman who was attracted to other women.

>tfw none of these kids took hard science courses so I never had to deal with them in academic contexts.
>>
In a society where social chairs are diminishing in relation to population, certain social agents (males) formulate a strategy to get higher status by transforming into a sex that is higher status (females).

Another sign of the haremization of society, where males are ever more devalued and where females are ever more valued. It's always been this way but the whole media-internet complex has made it more stark.

You have a bunch of cognitive runtimes being bombarded with images of male with harem of females who want him. But at the same time, most of the apes running these cognitive reruns are nowhere near as handsome or wealthy as the desired male. And they see no possibility in a society which does everything to thwart the pursuit of improvement by interrupting sustained cognition into a dopaminergic orgy of stimulation.

Honestly, I think it's less "gender dysphoria" and more of that ancient cunning where grabbing a social chair is a matter of life or death. In so far that the prospects seem grim in comparison to the glamour presented by images over and over again in their consumption.
>>
>>8848855
"Genderfluidity" is a load of bullshit that reinforces gender norms. I really hate SJWs, but I do think that if a girl wants to play with GI Joes or a guy wants to play with My Little Ponies then they should have all right to do so. Saying that wanting to do that actually _makes you a girl_ is, imo, unbelievably childish and goes against social progress.
>>
>>8850022
CONT

People play stupid (social) games and get stupid (social) prizes and feel happy about it.

I think the effect of electronics and sleep disruption via blue light can be primarily felt in the change of time preferences. The economy of perception and cognition is subject to ever more spastic intake of stimuli, any stimuli, which can slake the thirst of a time preference that's only getting higher and higher.

We want things now and we want them better and we want them faster. We're in a cage of base hedonics with the real life horror of moralists shouting at the poor monkeys in the cage.
>>
>>8848664
>apparent correlation
Since there is no numerical value pllaced upon
either transgenderism nor autism, there is no
correlation to be found between them.
>>
>>8850036
>Since there is no numerical value pllaced upon
>either transgenderism nor autism
Accept that transgendered people are disproportionately diagnosed with autism relative to the general population.
>>
>>8848664
I've struggled with gender identity my entire life, I've had doctors pick up on it at times even when I clearly presented as male, but I've never once been diagnosed with or figured to have even the slightest form of aspergers or autism. Had a mental evaluation done after a head trauma, they found I was in completely sound mental health and had an IQ above 85th percentile and was "reasonably well fit to succeed in society despite issues in my past and present."

But fuck there is a large portion of fully diagnosed aspies and autists in the transgender community and I can attest to it, because I know way too many transwomen that have openly told me they are aspies. It's not even hard to tell either when their living situations are messes, they don't have any sense of cleanliness, body language or social interaction and some are so delusional that they would rather be homeless than do a single day of actual fucking work. I contest that there are an unusual amount of aspie and autistic trans, but there are also transwomen that are fine and blend into society just fine, even if some are whores and attention whores.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.