[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is BPA-free plastic safe, or are there still things like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: bpa-free.jpg (11KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
bpa-free.jpg
11KB, 450x331px
Is BPA-free plastic safe, or are there still things like estrogen in it?
>>
No plastic is safe. The only way plastic could be safe is if it was inert, but anything you can combine with plastic to make it inert will turn it into ash.
>>
>>8848590
So would a BPA-free water filter pitcher defeat the purpose because it's still plastic? Should I get a faucet filter instead?

Trying to stop drinking bottled water but I'm not sure if I should drink it straight from the tap or what.
>>
>>8848594
Just avoid ingesting things that have been sitting in containers for a significant amount of time or have been cooked in containers. Everything except jarred crap is stored in plastic or lined containers.
>>
>>8848603
How long would you say is a significant amount of time?
>>
>>8848573
BPS is arguably worse than BPA, which is what those "BPA FREE" bottles use. HDPE is one of the only """safe""" plastics.

none of it matters anyway, you'll statistically die of a heart attack. you might even get hit by a car. who gives a shit retard
>>
File: garthok.jpg (110KB, 700x660px) Image search: [Google]
garthok.jpg
110KB, 700x660px
>>8848573
Here's the thing. BPA has been well studied. The replacements for BPA have not been as well studied. Make of that what you will.

Also, I live by this:

>"Does this leached chemical or ingredient improve or maintain my health?"

If the answer is, "no" then I don't put it into my body.
>>
>>8848683
I don't care about dying, I don't want my water bottle to give me man tits and child bearing hips.
>>
>>8848683
>none of it matters anyway, you'll statistically die of a heart attack. you might even get hit by a car. who gives a shit retard

Child's logic.
>>
>>8848701
haha. they won't do that. the amounts in these bottles isn't high enough to do anything like that. unless you microwave every bottle of water you drink out of or something, you're fine. room temperatures are not high enough. If you really want to feel safe, get some major water filtration system and buy a glass bottle to carry the water in. that's about as safe as you can get.
>>
>>8848623
It really depends on the type of plastic, the acidity of the food, and the temperature.

Just stay away from "sous-vide" foods for sure.
>>
>>8848714
To me, all water bottled in plastic tastes like liquid plastic. I can't stomach it. Stuff like soda and milk evidently have enough of a flavor to override that plastic flavor, but god damn I can't even force myself to drink from storebought plastic. It is much worse in bottles that have allowed to warm up to summer heat temps (90F-100F).

I honestly don't know how people can drink it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.