[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think this is actually believable ? Can we actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 19

File: Screenshot_2017-04-22-15-09-15-1.png (125KB, 720x1229px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-22-15-09-15-1.png
125KB, 720x1229px
Do you think this is actually believable ?

Can we actually put anybody in one of this 16 personalities ?
>>
Only one that matters is INTJ
>>
>>8846907
pseudoscience
>>
>>8846907
horoscope for pseuds
>>
They sell it as science, but it isn't.

They ask questions like do you like to be in charge?

Then they tell you, by our magic calculation you like to be in charge!
>>
That particular type of personality test is pretty much quack unfortunately.

The big five is ok, it's on some researchers website. The webpage looks abhorrent which means it's legit.
>>
>>8846907
this shit is such bs, these personalities talk only about "pros", even though every single human has disgusting qualities. This is just "feelsgood" fake-science. Anyone who associates hiim/herself with this is a fukin normie and needs to die
>>
>>8846907
Psychfag here

I'm really disappointed that personality psych exists. The only useful applications are the perspectives of psychology that yield good results in therapy like behavioral psych, cognitive psych and humanistic psych. Personality psych is useless because its all subjective and doesn't result in help for anybody with a fucked up personality. Merely classifications that stigmatize and trap people into thinking extroversion is a sign of social perfection. Really irritating and on behalf of all psychology, I apologize for personality psych.
>>
You cannot really take it as facts or science, but you may your qualities and flaws accurate enough and at least use it as hint to what you should improve.

AS HINT, don't take it literally.

Another great thing of those is making you aware of how people perceive the world differently from you at least generally, since everyone has very unique views based on their experience or whatever - you end up being more accepting towards others as you could guess how their mind could be elaborating information and making decisions in comparison to you.

As for the test, generally personality tests are too mood-based so unless you aren't already a bit aware or you are in an unstable mood - your results may vary when taking the test again, this is a general flaw of all personality tests because experiences and feelings towards them shape you
>>
dude how many questions are in here i'm bored asf
>>
File: 2017-04-22-151246_987x739_scrot.png (109KB, 987x739px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-22-151246_987x739_scrot.png
109KB, 987x739px
>>8847011
so I'm a faggot?
>>
File: IMG_2285.png (64KB, 314x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2285.png
64KB, 314x300px
These are the new wildberger threads. Everyone please stop falling for the bait. Hide these threads and don't reply.
>>
>>8846907
"""Psychology"""
>>
File: IMG_20170416_012416.jpg (181KB, 882x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_012416.jpg
181KB, 882x1280px
>>8847021
Here.
This is your handy guide to 16p/MBTI
>>
You'd have more consistency and accuracy if you classified people by race and extrapolated from that.
>>
>>8847035
They told me

>Dislike Dealing With Data – Mediators are often so focused on the big picture that they forget the forest is made of individual trees. Mediators are in tune with emotions and morality, and when the facts and data contradict their ideals, it can be a real challenge for them.

But I had a studentship as a data scientist and I liked it :(
>>
>>8847042
But it didn't contradict your ideals I guess?
>>
Despite ((psychologists)) refuting mbti.

Imo it works. But I think the focus should be on functions.

ENTJ and INTJ have same functions but with different order

I thought I was an INTJ for a long time because of my semi asocial personality is, but the truth is I have very strong Ni with Te dominant. and decently developed Fi.

Also people think intjs are asocial because of introversion. That is somewhat true but the point is that INTJs will be more of a sniper, and entj more of a shotgun type.
>>
>>8846907
Cold reading is believeable by design.
>>
>>8847052
>Despite ((psychologists)) refuting mbti.
>it works

you either think they refuted it, or you don't. fucking retard. literally reading horoscopes.
>>
They're a general description of your personality, nothing more. And they can change with time.

No need to be autistic one way or another about them.
>>
>>8847052
>But I think the focus should be on functions.
I agree with this, but 16p completely misses the function part and isn't actual MBTI - just with the same letters and similiar descriptions.
It's called NERIS Type Explorer.

Function theory is fun and provides some insight on how people do stuff, but it's very arbitrary
>>
>>8846907
It's fucking bullshit astrology for respectable people.

>>8846941
The application is to make fucking HR people feel like they're smart and learned and useful when in reality they are the single most useless profession of all.
>>
>>8847040
I'm white. What can you extrapolate about me
>>
>>8847058

Modern psychology is bullshit and Jung never said his typology was be all and all.

It's a tool for a process of self introspection and individuation you autist
>>
>>8847109
>are you intelligent?
>yes

>you are intelligent. here are some general implications about intelligence.
>>
Why are psychologists such cancer? Science doesn't want them, nor does philosophy.
>>
>>8847131
Psychology has plenty of uses, but this is not one of them.
>>
their big ass description as pretty accurate ngl. i am indeed a pansy faggot ass pussy who does everything to please others and avoid conflicts, and i do love writing and poetry despite being in a postgrad program for STEM and having done STEM all my life. i low key do english homework for university students both (public) ivies and community colleges and i write writing more than i like my shitty research and especially science. i actually despise science because everyone wants to """"advance"""" humanity and expand knowledge and break boundaries bitch sit down i'd much rather live in the present, become a night guard, read my shitty literature, write, and awkwardly flirt with the pseudointellectual loving artsy girls and wallow in my depression. besides, academia is a piece of shit, most research papers are absolute shit, conference/journal admissions are demonstrated to be rigged favoring prominent groups, double-blind peer review is not really a thing of our reality, etc. but i know writing is the same bullcrap trash like everything else in the world. and the rest of the shitthey talked about was pretty accurate. about my relationships. my girl always tells me i'm too secretive and hardest person to know and etc and i bet they could've been more accurate if they actually knew about my depression and all the mental disorders glooming over my life at all times.

i mean someone here in this thread said that this shit was refuted but since when psychology refutes shit motherfucker. anyway i'll have my gf do it too and read her results with her so i a) see if it applies to her well and b) see that it does NOT apply to me
>>
>>8847142
You sound... ISFJ or ISFP?
>>
>>8847147
infp they told me
>>
its a better indicator of personality than a horoscope or other /x/ black magic, but its very flawed and should only be taken with one more grain of salt than astrological signs
>>
You all seem to be considering its total bullshit, but have you read all their "theory" ? Their's 10 long pages of explanations for each personalities, at this point this can't be just barnum effect if its what you mean.
>>
>>8846909
can confirm

t. Doctorate in personality psychology
>>
>>8846907
I read several books about this and I study the MBTI In depth. I got INTP. I don't actually believe in the stereotypes of the MBTI types.
>>
>>8847743
>barnum effect
nice term now how do i force myself to remember it.

barney
barium
barnum-ber
bar number
i think i'm attractive cause i got a number of someone at a bar but everyone gets numbers at the bar
bar number
barnum effect
>>
>>8847788
>nice term now how do i force myself to remember it.
>barry hurry furry burry....

You fag. You remember The Forer effect by its context dummy. Read the research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnum_effect#cite_note-Forer-8
>>
>>8847808
>Read the research.
interesting point but i think i'll stick with my mnemonic
>>
>>8847035
>tfw too intelligent
>>
why are the diplomats depicted as druids?
>>
>>8847142
>i'll have my gf do it
she got entp but i'm too lazy to read shit and idc anymore
>>
File: 1491046882150.png (717KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1491046882150.png
717KB, 1080x1920px
>>8846907
yes
>>
>>8847833
>i'll stick with my mnemonic
Nah fag, you do a better mnemonic trick

You get a number at a bar just around the corne but you realize that that number which is evaluated to you isn't really the girls number but the girl thinks it's her number because everyone else give it to her just a minute before. But you didn't yet know this. You call to girl next morning because you kinda thought she was pretty and nice. You remember the conversations you had about aspects of other people in the bar and the horoscope of her, which was virgin, and the she expressed everything so cutely, like an introvert.

But the moment you call someone named Hugh Mungouse answers. You ask whether you can have anon grill on your phone. Hugh Mungouse asks, why do you want to talk to her? She is horrible person, says Hugh, she is extroverted little shitbag of person and more poisonous than a scorpion.

You regret. You realize you were quite drunk the other night. You passed the conformation of abuse drinkin while passing to the sofa and throwing up in a taxi. Little drunkk. You realize that it just might have been that others talked FOR (H)ER and made her personality at that bar where n=29 and it really was a class. You really don't know her at all and probably wouldn't even fuck her. That's that for the little bar num.
>>
>>8847864
Because they harbor powerful earth magick and runic secrets, you idiot.
>>
>>8847878
>>8847833

Then use it in your speech as fast as you can, might be just a side note to something. If you cannot, you repeat the concept in your head and imagine a situation where it really shapes group behavior and us humans. Then repeat.

Or you can do that poetry of your which takes it quite far from the context but is fun to play with. Barney got a barnumber. Forer fought for plumber thunder. Being sonder from mundane phantom is dandy and little random. Flynn pondered whether next Fourier comes in the next pour of geneation etc.

That's little bit how memory or memoirs work, which is a lot better field of study than personality but they both have their areas of being interesting and share of good researchers.

Weird comment anyway in the first place, people should do that more. It's a free board in the end eh.
>>
>>8846907
It's as useful as Astrology.
>>
>>8846941
petersonfags rekt
>>
File: muh personality.png (106KB, 1349x645px) Image search: [Google]
muh personality.png
106KB, 1349x645px
I can't tell if I should be surprised or not.
>>
>>8846941
>Merely classifications that stigmatize and trap people into thinking extroversion is a sign of social perfection.
Isn't it the other way round?
>>
>>8847094
you like swing dancing and chick fil a
>>
>no
>>
>>8846907
It's not science, but if used properly could be a framework to help make practical decisions.
But this is at it's best a helpful approximative knowledge, and frequently it's not at it's best and then it's just silliness.
>>
>>8846907

It's bunk.

http://www.indiana.edu/~jobtalk/HRMWebsite/hrm/articles/develop/mbti.pdf
>>
>>8849150

No more than your horoscope can be used to make life choices. Ie, it can be, but it would be a terrible idea in either case.
>>
>>8849159
If you get a bunch of people and make them answer a bunch of question about them, you might eventually get a significant correlation between certain sets of answers and characteristics.
And if you get a new person to try such tests and he used very clearly some specific set of answers that have high correlation with the said characteristics, you cold probably expect for him to have a bigger chance of having those characteristics than a random person.

Except if you really think that it's impossible to have certain correlation of sets of personal answers and personality traits.
>>
>>8849176
>If you get a bunch of people and make them answer a bunch of question about them, you might eventually get a significant correlation between certain sets of answers and characteristics.

Sure, but MBTI has no relation whatsoever to known personality traits, or in fact to anything at all. It has been extensively tested by none other than the US Army, and found to have no value at all. >>8849158
>>
>>8849176
>Except if you really think that it's impossible to have certain correlation of sets of personal answers and personality traits.
>HURR if you recognize this obvious shit test as the garbage it is, you must not believe any tests are possible at all!

What a stupid opinion. There is a scientifically verified, empirically based personality test and it's called the "Big Five" / "OCEAN" test.
>>
mbti is astrology for pseuds
>>
>>8846941
Based psychanon
>>
INTJ qualities:

>Believes modern horoscopes
>>
>>8849733
But what about all the INTPs and INFPs?
INTJ is still a minority here
>>
>>8849740
>INTJ is still a minority here
And you're basing this on what?
>>
>>8849740
>>8849797
can you fucking retards stop embarrassing yourselves please
>>
>>8849801
Oh no, I wouldn't want to embarrass myself in front of the 4chan anonymous committee!
>>
>>8849797
On those threads, of course

Most people who do those tests end up INTP or INFP here - only 2 or 3 people claim to be INTJ out of 10 INTP/INFP

I am not saying INTJ is a minority in /sci/, I am talking about who takes the tests here
>>
>>8849803
you shouldn't. because insults here speak of you intellect, not your identity, you fucking astrologist
>>
>>8846907
I think the people here saying it bullshit dont get it. Of course no test can tell your personality in every fine detail but if you get asked if you like tomatoes and the test suggets that you may fit to another person who also likes tomatoes then I see no problem at all.

Like if I dont like to be the boss I might like to hang out with someone who does because "it fits".

Its not like looking at stars and making shit up
>>
>>8849813
>[your] intellect
I think you meant "your intellect as perceived through the lens of autism"
>>
>>8849822
you must be a scorpio
>>
>>8846909
>tfw I flip between INTJ-A and INTP-A when I take the test every 6 months.
>>
Is INTJ autism?
>>
>>8849839
I guess you sometimes feel like you should follow some rules/timetables and make order and sometimes you just say "nah, fuck it"?

>>8849843
INTJs are more aware and careful of feelings than legit autists, but like to be seen as emotionless because it's edgy - also their memory is big picture-ortiented, not detail-oriented.

Maybe INTP or ISTP is more close
>>
>>8849853
What are you?
>>
>>8849853
>I guess you sometimes feel like you should follow some rules/timetables and make order and sometimes you just say "nah, fuck it"?

yes. fug.
I do pretty ok for myself though
Imagine what I could be if I just got my head down.
>>
>>8849870
You and literally everyone else, faggot
>>
File: Capture.jpg (65KB, 751x626px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
65KB, 751x626px
>>8849863
Dunno, I got INTJ-A, INTP-A and ISTJ-A

Mostly INTJ-A though
This is my last one on 16personalities
>>
>>8849874
Not really.
I am usually always sticking to my order and keep stuff tidy.
There again, of course not ALWAYS, that's why it's in percentages - really rare that I go completely random tho.

I am >>8849875
>>
>>8849875
>INTJ
>defends INTJs of not having autism
>n-no, INTJs are not autistic, i-it's the other ones!
>no disclaimer about his obvious bias
why am i not surprised?
>>
>>8849881
>ad hom
Nice counter-argument
>>
>>8849880
What are your biggest flaws, and what are you insecure about?
>>
Jesus Christ, no amount of 'science' will make us get over the fact that God convinced us into thinking we matter. You people disgust me.
>>
File: 170423.png (21KB, 357x375px) Image search: [Google]
170423.png
21KB, 357x375px
Me
I am this guy:>>8849839
>>
>>8849883
>muh latin words
newsflash kiddo: ad hominem is not always fallacious
>>
>>8849740
INTP qualities:
Have autism
INFP qualities:
Have schizophrenia
INTJ qualities:
Be a narcissistic sociopath
>>
>>8849885
Funny thing is that this thread neither proves or disproves the existence of God whatsoever.
>>
>>8847026
""""""science""""""
>>
>>8849885
I do matter to myself though? If you mean I and everyone else don't matter for le infinite universe etc. who gives a shit?
>>
>>8849884
I think...

>sometimes being unaware of how I look and thinking it doesn't matter
>being a bit insensitive while speaking and offending people accidentally while making jokes
>over-analyzing stuff while actually it's a lot more simple
>over-confidence
>not practical
>unwilling to cooperate with others as I only trust myself and my own abilities
>shy to ask for help when I need

Should be all, maybe I forget something

>>8849890
It is here. I gave you my argument to say that INTJ isn't autism because the reasons I wrote and your reply was "lol of course an INTJ would say that". Prefer ad persona?
>>
>>8849893
>>8849897
I'm sorry, I forgot you guys are autists and don't do metaphors
>>
>>8846941
True but psychology still isn't a science
>>
>>8849816
Of course you can classify people into arbitrary groups if you want
what we're saying is it's useless if not harmful
>>
ESFP reporting.

Ya'll should step up up your game
>>
File: tfwnogf.png (23KB, 591x422px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.png
23KB, 591x422px
>>8847035
>tfw I'm the only type directly accused of being a virgin
>tfw I'm a virgin

As much as I think it's a horoscope for nerds it sure gets things right :^)
>>
>>8849903
>I gave you my argument to say that INTJ isn't autism because the reasons I wrote
>INTJ are not autistic because of [these highly subjective unfalsifiable reasons]
> ad hominem attacks can be non-fallacious; [...] For example, if the truth of the argument relies on the truthfulness of the person making the argument—rather than known facts—
You put the pieces together
>>
I think most of you are missing the point of the test. It doesn't matter if the personality type doesn't perfectly reflect who you are, it's meant to group like minded individuals together, that's it. You use this knowledge to direct yourself towards a proper social position in the workforce and certain employers actually require you to know your personality type for this very reason.

It doesn't tell you your future, what sort of bullshit have you people been reading? Why the fuck do you think all of them imply what kind of job you'd be good at? It's like none of you ever learned what psychologists actually use this for in college.
>>
>>8849927
>certain employers actually require you to know your personality type for this very reason.
LMAO what kind of retarded jobs do you faggots apply for
>>
>>8849929
I've never personally worked for a company that does this but that's what it's primarily used for.
>>
>>8849932
>primarily used for
Well I never heard about this, and I only see it mentioned by dumbfucks on dating websites. How do you know what is "primarily used for"?
>>
>>8849903
>>>sometimes being unaware of how I look and thinking it doesn't matter
>>being a bit insensitive while speaking and offending people accidentally while making jokes
>>over-analyzing stuff while actually it's a lot more simple
>>over-confidence
>>not practical
>>unwilling to cooperate with others as I only trust myself and my own abilities
>>shy to ask for help when I need
Yup, sounds like autism to me
>>
>>8847094
You walk around with poop in your butt
>>
>>8849937
Because that is what it's primarily used for, nobody uses it for anything else in a serious manner. What do you want from me, some sort of source citing every usage of MBTI when there is literally nothing else people use it for other than to spark conversations?
>>
>>8849957
I lost you. I thought you were saying the tests were primarily used by employers in the context of hiring prospective employees, but now you're saying "there is literally nothing else people use it for other than to spark conversations."

Not that it matters too much though
>>
>>8847035
>tft too intelligent
it's "to intelligent", one job anon.
>>
>>8849962
not that anon, but do you understand what "else" means?
>>
>>8849925
>subjective
Literally written on their description

>>8849946
Nope. I have no memory of phone numbers or those kind of details and I am aware of others emotions as well mine - just not always careful
>>
>>8849992
Judging by the fact that you think autism is used in the medical sense on 4chan, I can confidently tell you're autistic
>>
>>8849998
I thought in this specific case you were referring to the actual autism.

Yeah, I don't deny meme autism
>>
>>8846907
It works to an extent. People are obviously more complex than what can be conveyed through 4 letters, but that definitely helps to give you a notion of what kind of person you are.
>>
>>8850008
>It works to an extent.
Do you have a proof for this claim?
>>
File: 1488140093280.png (414KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1488140093280.png
414KB, 700x394px
It's astrological signs and blood type personality theory for liberal "enlightened" westerners.
>>
>ctrl f "horos OR astrolog"
>8 results

you can stop now guys; you're not being clever
>>
>>8850040
But OP is asking how much valid 16p is.

More than horos but not science at all
>>
Other than the T/F, the rest is pretty good

I think they should be renamed to Critical/Accomodating, since thinking and feeling aren't opposites
>>
>>8847864
Ever pissed one off? They turn into bears.
>>
INTP ≥ INTJ ≥ISTP ~=ISTJ >> everything else

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>8850790
>Prove me wrong.
My acronym is not at the top; therefore you are wrong. QED
>>
>>8850790
Why is everything **T*? Are you afraid of feelings anon?
>>
>>8850790
INTJ > ISTJ >>> INTP = ISTP >>>>>> everything else
>>
>>8850790
>>8850820
>introvert better than extrovert
How delusional can you get mates lmao
>>
>>8849875
>your average sperg
>>
File: bored.png (14KB, 261x547px) Image search: [Google]
bored.png
14KB, 261x547px
>>8846907
>Do you think this is actually believable ?
Validity is doubtful because people lie or may pick their "ideal self" instead. Useful to self.

>Can we actually put anybody in one of this 16 personalities ?
No. I fit in two depending on comfort and pressure. I believe that mbti is about how you deal with the world. Your personality would surely change after an apocalypse or not if it's already ideal for survival.

>>8846909
/thread.
I'm INTJ during work and INTP during free time.

>>8846911
>psychology is pseudosciendce
It's not comparable to your average 'Scientific Breakthroughs' that contribute to med/tech but I/O psychology is pretty useful desu (especially during WW2)
>>
>>8850820
>ISTJ better than anything
Oh come on now.
ESFJ is the only acceptable sentinel just because they are just ENFJs but more extreme
>>
>>8846909
>>8846907
>>8851503
>>8850820
>>8850790
>>8849925
>>8849881
>>8849875
>>8849843
>>8849805
>>8849797
>>8849733
>>8847769
Serious question for everyone here since I assume you're all intj/intp.

Where the fuck do you go to meet women or even just friends in general. I pretty much just go between college and home atm and I had to move away from where I had school friends.

I'm not that much of an outgoing person and I'd like to know somewhere I can go besides a club or a bar where I [cant even compete].
>>
File: 1486341074069.png (477KB, 517x437px) Image search: [Google]
1486341074069.png
477KB, 517x437px
>>8846907
>Do you think this is actually believable ?
Not really. It's easy to think it's bullshit/superficial when you're just looking at the four letters, but it becomes a bit more structured once you learn all the functions. But the test is still really imperfect. Answers depend on mood and obvious questions lead to answers based off who they WANT to be instead of who they are. Many questions are also super open-ended, allowing the person to think of so many scenarios to base their answers off of. The stupid nicknames and stereotypes for each type also results in people mistyping or thinking they are another type (Ex: It says I'm an ISTP, but I'm not a mechanic and don't like cars, so I can't be that type.)

But I see no reason to hate it. People take the test (any personality test) to figure out who they are and look to the tests for any guidance for what hobbies/ careers they'd like and weaknesses/ strengths they might have. If it helps them or they think it's fun, who cares? It becomes stupid when people turn it into a special snowflake contest (my type is 3% of the pop), or believe the tests with 100% certainty

>can we put people into these types
Sure. In a tentative "you might be like this person" way. But take it with a chunk of salt and realize it's pop-sci tier. can't really nail billions of people into 16 archetypes. And you'll naturally figure out "who you are" as you age and do things
>>
>>8852748
Generally online communities

Don't have a girl yet but I made a few good friends on the web - althrough I am not really looking for a girl in first place, I don't plan friendships or relationships, I let them happen - this is the only thing I don't ever plan.

t. INTJ
>>
>>8852866
>Generally online communities
Same here, but I meant friends outside the internet, like people in my area

>Don't have a girl yet but I made a few good friends on the web - althrough I am not really looking for a girl in first place, I don't plan friendships or relationships, I let them happen - this is the only thing I don't ever plan.

Same here again. You sound exactly like me from a year and a half ago. I figured it would just happen and that I'd just meet some perfect girl in one of my classes or on the train or at one of the few parties I went to. But I've got bad news for you, *it doesn't happen*. Believe me, I was convinced that it would happen and I wouldn't have to put effort into making relationships, but it just doesn't. It has to be you that starts it off in some way (presuming your a guy). You have to look and then you have to actively show interest and find things to talk about, reasons to spend time together, etc. Same goes for friendships. I wish I knew that back then.
>>
>>8852881
Well, it's not like I am unfriendly though - I just don't actively seek to become someone's friend, but I guess I should try to put more effort, thanks
>>
File: 2017-04-24-114934_427x29_scrot.png (5KB, 427x29px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-24-114934_427x29_scrot.png
5KB, 427x29px
>>8852748
I used to meet women on okcupid but i'm with my gf for two years now (we're living together). All my friends are either old schoolmates or current schoolmates (high-school, undergraduate, and now postgrad). I don't think I have any real friends I made outside an academic environment, but desu I don't want more and I responding to them on Facebook is already tiring and I leave their messages unread for days cause I can't bring myself to talk to them
>>
>>8852748
here
>>
>>8851503
>>>8846911 #
>>psychology is pseudosciendce
>It's not comparable to your average 'Scientific Breakthroughs' that contribute to med/tech but I/O psychology is pretty useful desu (especially during WW2)

Are you a brainlet? The test is pure pseudoscience, be it psychology or not
>>
>>8853004
>The test is pure pseudoscience
Doesn't preclude it from being accurate tho
>>
ISTP-A Master race
>>
>>8846907
>do you prefer A. talking to people or B. sitting alone?
>our results show 90% of people who said A are more social.
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE psuedoscience
every single time
>>
>>8853363
I don't think it's the questions it'd the methodology of their analysis and conclusions

Sure saying you'd rather be alone is you being less social obviously but making a personality conclusion based on that is what's up for debate
>>
MBTI is all about cognitive preferences isn't it? If you find that your MBTI keeps changing then it's possible that most of the test structures aren't reliable but your cognitive preferences are still there. Meaning, the functions and their respective orders that form the basis of MBTI have scientific merit. The problem is when people learn their personalties and decide to not improve themselves simply because they were 'born/nurtured' this way. This can be done through learning about your cognitive biases - making MBTI really educative as well. It's definitely no astrology.
>>
I cringe just as hard when someone asks me my personality type as when they ask me my star sign.
>>
>>8853374

that puts you clearly on the more "introverted" side of the scale, the only other option in that regard is extroverted

the problem with these tests is that they aren't officially administered and people aren't objective when answering about themselves
>>
>>8853398
Sure, I probably would too. The same way people would if asked to talk about intelligence etc. The rejection of these kinda things socially seem to often be politically motivated.
>>
>You were born on X date, this means a certain thing will happen to you or you will act in a certain way
>Based on your answers you have traits of A B C and D
These aren't really the same thing lads
>>
>>8853374
It never gets that far. People just hate the idea that the story they have of themselves, nice, intelligent, successful, driven etc. is not only a lie but that they are well aware it's a lie. So it's easier to blame a bunch of questions instead of the answers you gave.
>>8853394
Yes that's the point. To help people think about themselves instead of the proscriptive idea some people have gotten into their heads.
>>
>>8847035
came here to post this, glad to see someone already did.

I'm >tfw too intelligent...moderately accurate. my gf is the genki anime girl one, and I've legitimately seen her with ~40 Chrome tabs open at once.
>>
>>8853424
>politically motivated.
nigga pls
>>
>>8847035
Who the fuck made this? Some are brilliant and fresh. How does one single human come up with so many fresh and creative insults?
>>
File: do-you-feel-in-charge.jpg (91KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
do-you-feel-in-charge.jpg
91KB, 640x425px
>>8846932

Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>8852893
If you don't actually show interest in being friends with people they will take notice of that, and whether or not they like you, they won't try to get closer to you because you don't seem interested in doing so. You won't make enemies or seem awkward, people just won't become closer friends with you. If you actively socialize with them and seem interested in hanging out, then you will actually build a friendship. This is all assuming you aren't an asshole and therefore off-putting, but that doesn't sound like the case
>>
>>8846907
get to work you lazy insufferable inferior peons

-ENTJ master race
>>
File: FB_IMG_1491901444472.jpg (48KB, 800x606px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1491901444472.jpg
48KB, 800x606px
ENTP masterrace

Fight me faggots
>>
>>8853851
E people are normie brainlets. Fuck off to Facebook.
>>
>>8853881
That's ESxx
ENxx is still cool
>>
>>8846907
This test ia such bullshit.
I got a different score every time I took it.

INFP
Then ENTP
Then ENTJ
Now ENTP again

Apparently I have a high "turbulent" score or some shit. Sounds like bullshit pseudoscience to me.
>>
>>8854693
The ENT part seems consistent for you.
>>
Most people fall fairly clearly into one of these 16 categories but it's about as useful as a horoscope for actual personality profiling or prediction.
>>
>>8854693
That just means you have a poor sense of self-evaluation and introspection.
Every time I take one of these on almost any website I get the same result.
>>
File: 1419387202449.jpg (47KB, 400x433px) Image search: [Google]
1419387202449.jpg
47KB, 400x433px
>>8847035
>tfw entj
>tfw not virgin by a long shot
>tfw basically intj smarts without the intj autism and the drive to get shit done
>probably not as high IQ but i actually do something with it instead of moping
>>
>>8854733
Or the questions are just ambiguous
>>
>>8855063
>being happy more important than being smart
get a load of this Exxx faggot
>>
>>8855063
>not having primary Ni that allows you to do crazy shit like drinking water
>>
>>8847035
kek intp here this horoscope shit is too accurate
>>
>>8846938
Pretty much this. Easiest way to find a bad personality test is when it just flatters everyone.
>>
File: Yotsuba Is Confused.png (108KB, 386x304px) Image search: [Google]
Yotsuba Is Confused.png
108KB, 386x304px
>>8847035
>Hitler did nothing wrong

I certainly didn't expect that from my type.
>>
>>8846941

Another, dare I say, better Psychfag here

People like OP are destroying the psychology because they approach it with biased mindset; They are not willing to make value judgments that are not scientific in the strictest sense but psychology doesn't play by empirical rules because the brain is not exactly an easily observable phenomenon

>The only useful applications are the perspectives of psychology that yield good results in therapy like behavioral psych, cognitive psych and humanistic psych.

What is a good result ?

Personality psych is super useful and can be operationalized in a wide variety of scenarios. One can make probabilistic claims with regard to the possibility of a wide variety mental illnesses; Openness on the big 5 is strong predictor of Schizophrenia and neuroticism predicts problems like depression and anxiety issues.

Personality Psychology is the best kind of psychology; It's strait forward, it's easily observable and it works.
>>
File: INTP life.png (86KB, 829x509px) Image search: [Google]
INTP life.png
86KB, 829x509px
>>8846907
>>
>>8854693
Seems like it doesn't work for some people, but it's not bullshit, i took the test 5 times, 5 times INTJ. And after reading everything that's pretty accurate.
>>
>>8848314
Jesus Christ, you're right.
>>
>>8856279
If it only works for some people then it isn't a good test for all personalities

Yeah, INTJ stays pretty consistent generally
>>
>>8856225
Saved, but I need one for opposite traits
>>
>>8856875
Then make one fag
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.