[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do people believe warp drives are possible if the most vital

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: r_warp-drive2.jpg (139KB, 804x536px) Image search: [Google]
r_warp-drive2.jpg
139KB, 804x536px
how do people believe warp drives are possible if the most vital component is fucking negative mass?
>>
>>8846272
Negative mass is kinda like magnetic monopoles. It doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean it can't exist.
>>
>>8846272
From what I understand, current physics doesn't explicitly forbid negative mass.
>>
>>8846285
and pray tell how would you make a negative mass or magnetic monopole?
>>
>>8846310
Probably in a particle accelerator with absurd energy levels.
>>
>>8846317
ok, but then how is that in any way scalable? you would need a million hadron colliders all using a million nuclear reactors running 24/7 to produce enough energy-mass equivalent to a voyager craft. not only that you'd then need to make it denser than any naturally occurring material, which would use up further energy probably greater than the nuclera reactors combined.

so the end issue is in fact the energy requirements. can we make an accelerator that's smaller and relies on less energy while producing an abundant supply of non-baryonic matter?
>>
>>8846328
We just ask the sun for some energy.
>>
>>8846272
Wishful thinking.
>>
>>8846272
>inb4 NEGATIVE NUMBERS DON'T EXIST
>>
>>8846310
I don't know. But just because something doesn't exist, does not mean there is something actively stopping it from existing. Like it doesn't violate any accepted physics for something like a magnetic monopole to exist, they just don't.
>>
How would gravity work on negative mass? It repels matter?
>>
>>8846272
>negative mass
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-39642992
>>
>>8846285
>It doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean it can't exist.

Actually, that is normally what it means.
>>
>>8846328
What would be interesting would be if there was some level of "self-catalysing" to the process.

i.e. Once you have a magnetic monopole/negative mass, you can use it to make more, at significantly lower energy cost.
>>
>>8846889
Wrong. Just because things dont exist now, doesn't mean they cannot come into existence. (Ex. Manmade periodic elements)
>>
>>8846364
math isn't fucking science u retard
>>
>>8846889
Everything didn't exist at some point.

The entirety of the universe is proving you wrong.

I just took a shit. Yesterday that shit didn't exist. Now it does.
>>
>>8846946
>>8846928
lol Child's view of the world.
>>
>>8846943
Calling math science is insulting to math.

Math is superior to science.

Of the methods we have for discovering truth. Math is the most pure.

The scientific method is basically guess and check.
>>
>>8846965
math is a madeup language to explain shit, its on the same level as a fucking dictionary.
>>
>>8846952
Ikr. I think humans are supposed to develop understanding of object impermanence at 4years old.
>>
>>8846328
Who knows, dude. Maybe after you got an energy threshold is self sustaining, or maybe it's a chain reaction, literally no way of knowing since it escapes three standard model.
>>
>>8846272
Because most "science nerds" are actually dumb plebs with no experience of reality or significant intelligence.
>>
>>8846965
Math is actually INFERIOR to science. And the view you just puked is why science is going to hell. Science is evidence based. Math is made up bullshit where you can prove whatever you want.
>>
>>8846885
3 days ago, literally negative mass.
Neat
>>
>>8846885
Bullshit. Anything that occurs on the cosmic or subatomic scale is an unreliable source of scientific information. They're too far outside of the anthropic scope and that's why humans always get them wrong.
>>
>>8846889
No it doesn't, because our knowledge of the universe is vastly incomplete.
>>
>>8846272
Casimeme effect.
>>
>>8846885
>bbc
>>
>>8846348
WTF YOU MAKE THE END OF THE WORLD COME SOONER FOR SOME SPACE SHIP I HATE SCIENTISTS NOW
>>
>>8846272
The Alcubierre drive requires negative mass and is therefore retarded. A true warp drive will be built in your lifetime and have fundamentally different operating principles than the Alcubierre drive. It will not require negative mass or even the expansion/contraction of spacetime. Screen cap this post.
>>
>>8847105
>literally
Effectively, anon, effectively.

>>8847123
>t. brainlet
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.