[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a very successful physics undergraduate. However, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: pic1.jpg (26KB, 435x535px) Image search: [Google]
pic1.jpg
26KB, 435x535px
I'm a very successful physics undergraduate.
However, I've always had a profound respect for those with unusual spiritual and nonscientific beliefs about existence.
It is not important whether these individuals are right or wrong. Rather simply the ability to experience existence from a unique perspective is valuable.
>>
>>8843921
>Rather simply the ability to experience existence from a unique perspective is valuable.
to whom? and for what purpose?
>>
Yeah I agree
>>
>>8843933
it is valuable to the human who takes pleasure in open conscious experience. Life is not a competition. There are no good boy points for following the rules of conscious experience.

It is valuable to the scientist looking to be creative and utilize the mind in a new way through new habits of thought.

It is also valuable to our humanity.
>>
>>8843955
>it is valuable to the human who takes pleasure in open conscious experience
nice opinions. nice blog.

>Life is not a competition.
observably false on the most fundamental levels.

>It is valuable to the scientist looking to be creative and utilize the mind in a new way through new habits of thought.

>It is also valuable to our """""humanity."""""

thread hidden. sageing.
>>
>>8843933

So that you get off your high horse and realize that what he is calling Value and Purpose are the Intent of the story you are telling (Told from teh perspective of Platonic forms of metaphyscial existence and IMHO just so much rhetoric for the intent of a false sense of confidence in your belief), and that Intent limits the story you can tell.

Someday you will grow up - probably right after some epic fail - and you will finally have a story that everything is a story, including your science and math, and that "truth" "reality" and "facts" are just so much rhetoric to persuade you to shut up and not question the applicability of those facts to what the Narrator's con game has presented to you.

Always ask yourself, "What is this moron selling?" Sure it may be a fact for its intent - the sun is the gravitational center of the solar system - but it is not a fact for "THIS" intent - the sun revolves around the earth for the purpose of trying to predict how to position my house so it won't bake in the summer or freeze in the winter.

I am the inertial center of my universe. That doesn't help me walk down the street, which I consider to be stationary, but if I am in space, then there is no use in an outside reference point.
>>
>>8843955
soo... Long story short. You want to use hard drags and need an excuse to not feel immoral, right?
>>
>>8843962
you could have just said "cognitive relativism" instead of this rant.

even within such a context, his claims are either subjective or contradictory via relativistic reasoning, since you've decided to bring it up.
>hurr it's not important(TO ME) whether they are right or wrong
>Rather simply the ability to experience existence from a unique perspective is valuable(TO ME).
it's a fucking blog
>>
>>8843963
Meth is not a hard drug if you take it with downers.
>>
>>8843921
>I'm a very successful physics undergraduate.
>Successful
>undergraduate

Kek.
>>
this >>8843989
aaaand
this >>8843960

saged, reported, hidden, called the cops

you're a faggot OP
>>
>>8843921
>Rather simply the ability to experience existence from a unique perspective is valuable.

No it isnt you idiot.

Any dumbuss can claim to experiance something from a unique perspecitive.

But the only thing that matters is experiancing life from the TRUE perspective.

Thats why we build all these machines, mass spectrometers and supercollider's etc.

You are literally a gullible smart idiot.
Literally quantity over quality.
>>
>>8844004
Op here
19 y\o senior whose graduating this semester and won a science competition. Close mindedness and a static worldview is the tell tell trait of a mediocre scientist
>>
>>8843989
There is no shortage of great scientist and mathematicians with spiritual worldviews or unusual beliefs. Rather a majority of the most famous ones did. This is not a coincidence. It is showing static and closed personalities are inferior in some scientific aspects.
>>
>>8843921
>I'm a very successful physics undergraduate.
what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

fuck off you turboretard
>>
Truth and knowledge can be weighed. The highest knowledge is that which improves our existence the most.
>>
I know what you mean. Some scientists actually think the world is made out of little string LOL
>>
File: RRRREEEEEEEEEEE.png (114KB, 400x382px) Image search: [Google]
RRRREEEEEEEEEEE.png
114KB, 400x382px
>>8846106
ANGERY
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.