[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is China systematically recreating every step of the Soviet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: tiangong.jpg (41KB, 600x393px) Image search: [Google]
tiangong.jpg
41KB, 600x393px
Why is China systematically recreating every step of the Soviet space program from 50 years ago? They've done Sputnik, Soyuz and Salyut and now they're moving on to Mir.
>>
>>8842853
That's their second space station isn't it? NASA shut them out of all their programs so they have to learn on their own and through espionage.
>>
>>8842853
They have two models that are proven ways of getting from where they were to where they want to be. The Soviet path, and the US path. Soviet society resembled the Chinese system more than the US path. Seems reasonable that they would look at following that path.

Also, taking the Moon race out of it, it is a series of obvious steps to progress with space program. What the fuck other path would make more sense?
>>
>>8842883
>What the fuck other path would make more sense?
Doing something new instead of just aping ground covered by foreign scientists and engineers in the 1960s?

At this rate China's going to be testing Buran and Energia around the time the first city on Mars is completed
>>
>>8842895
OK, so what? You'd start by putting up a space station? Skip the whole learn to put something in orbit, do manned launches or learn t navigate in orbit?

No, first you learn to rocket, then you put something in orbit, then you put up people, then you put up a place for them to go...

It's a pretty logical and necessary sequence of steps.

There's a reason the Soviets and the US both more or less followed that sequence (with variations since the US Moon effort succeeded and the Soviets' did not)
>>
File: 1414.jpg (76KB, 615x748px) Image search: [Google]
1414.jpg
76KB, 615x748px
>>8842895
>city on Mars

JELLO BABIES
JELLO BABIES
JELLO BABIES
>>
The are being a bit innovative for their Moon program but only because they are trying to get people there one day.
>>
>>8842932
Stop forcing that shitty meme
>>
>>8842968
Babies need gravity for proper bone density. You don't want your babies to have soft bones for life do you?
>>
File: fuck off.png (192KB, 764x966px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.png
192KB, 764x966px
>>8842995
When I said "stop forcing that shitty meme" I was speaking literally
>>
File: libarts.jpg (11KB, 250x170px) Image search: [Google]
libarts.jpg
11KB, 250x170px
>>8843006

JELLO BABIES
JELLO BABIES
JELLO BABIES
>>
File: 1489623657004.jpg (41KB, 711x669px) Image search: [Google]
1489623657004.jpg
41KB, 711x669px
>>8843006
>colony on mars

J•E•L•L•O B•A•B•I•E•S
J•E•L•L•O B•A•B•I•E•S
J•E•L•L•O B•A•B•I•E•S
>>
If they were smart they would be copying space x and bigelow aerospace.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.