[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go with a friend to his Introduction to applied sciences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: F9UH7N7FQSWZCY5.MEDIUM[1].jpg (22KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
F9UH7N7FQSWZCY5.MEDIUM[1].jpg
22KB, 620x414px
>Go with a friend to his Introduction to applied sciences for Math Grad students
>groups of 3, prof gives each group pic related
>they all start talking about topology and other trivial math concepts
>not one group can light the lamp
>>
>>8839608
seems really hard to believe. I think you full of shit.
>>
>>8839616
I think you're a madfag
>>
>>8839618
you described a room full of guys and implied not one among them was able to light a bulb using the things in the picture.

it seems very hard to believe.
>>
>>8839608
There was a video of some guy doing this to harvard graduates.

Personally, I'd cut the wire to make it easier
>>
Hs dropout here

Dont you' like just touch the bulb to both knobs of the battery? Like straight up cut the wire in 2 and just tie it up
>>
>>8839608
How the fuck does connecting a battery to a lightbulb help you learn theoretical math.

It's like going to a biology class and then having someone ask you to draw their blood to prove how incompetent you are in the medical field. It's asanine.
>>
>>8839656
it's supposed to open your mind to things outside your field to see the implications of what you work on.
>>
>>8839608
>Only one bit of wire
Hmmmm.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4KB, 295x386px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4KB, 295x386px
>>8839608
>>
You don't even need the fucking wire. FUCK
>>
>>8839616 and >>8839712
It was the 2nd thing I learned as a child when playing with a 9volt battery. The 1st thing I learned was that 9v batteries make lights dance in your eyes if you touch them to your braces.
>>
>>8839724
>The 1st thing I learned was that 9v batteries make lights dance in your eyes if you touch them to your braces.

I fucking hate you, I wish I had tried that when I had braces.
>>
>>8839663
How is connecting a battery deepening your comorehension on your work? Do these professors really think their students don't know how a battery works?
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 258x364px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 258x364px
>>8839608
Obviously the wire is only given to your so that you can tie the light bulb to the battery.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0wk4qG2mIg
lmao
>>
>>8839738
10/10. You'll make a great engineer.
>>
>>8839765
holy shit this is so sad to watch
>>
Why do brainlets always bring up some simple task that can learned in under five seconds to feel less inadequate about their intellectual betters? I'll stick to the brain work and you can go back to shoveling shit you peasant.
>>
File: inductive_coupling.jpg (27KB, 539x736px) Image search: [Google]
inductive_coupling.jpg
27KB, 539x736px
>>8839608
>>8839738
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_coupling

>>8839800
>Doesn't know basic EE.
>>
>>8839788

why?

It made me full of joy how someone who are supposed to be smart can have so little critical thought that I am now convinced that I can succed
>>
>>8839853
because the creme de la creme of a country looks like that, and it's sad to see. It's sad to see those people are allowed to vote, it's sad to share the same fate as them. I don't want to live with other people, they're so retarded it makes me want to off myself.
>>
>>8839608
Is that an LED lamp? Will 9V be enough or too much?
>>
>>8839801
>inductive coupling
>no oscillator

At least you tried.
>>
File: inductive_coupling_fixed.jpg (32KB, 539x736px) Image search: [Google]
inductive_coupling_fixed.jpg
32KB, 539x736px
>>8840090
There you go.
>>
>>8840151
That does help but you still need an oscillator to make it AC. I suppose you could manually switch the wires on the polarity of the battery by flipping the batter back and forth really fast. Maybe make the battery spin? lol
>>
>>8840155
Can I be an electrical engineer now? :^)
>>
>>8840161

No, you have to get a degree first.
>>
>>8840166
Can you grant me admittance?
>>
>>8840175

I only grant impedance.
>>
>>8840161
Only if you can prove the easiest most useful theorem

A closed-loop system is stable if and only if the nyquist diagram of its open loop transmittance function loops positively around the point -1 T times, where T is the number of unstable poles of the open loop transmittance

>>8840187
>you shall not pass
>>
>>8840187
>impedance
Punny, very punny. :^)

>>8840190
And then I'll be a confirmed EE?
>>
>>8839728
didn't you licked it?
>>
>>8839728
If you have metal filling in your upper teeth you can try wiring them up for an instant. I don't recommend that though.
>>
>>8839724
this gave me a good guffaw. appreciate it, anon.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.