[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Probably one of the most interesting topics to research on out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: rohr-atommodell.jpg (81KB, 728x364px) Image search: [Google]
rohr-atommodell.jpg
81KB, 728x364px
Probably one of the most interesting topics to research on out there.
There are many methods to create carbon nanotubes,
however chemical vapor disposition seems to be the best one to me.
I've read many articles and watched plenty of videos but there is one thing I can't wrap my head around .
How does the catalyst force the carbon to form tubes instead of graphite layers?
Is there actually a proper explanation for it or it it just known due to experiments?

Also, when do you think we will be able to build the space-lift?
>>
>spacelift
>>>/x/
>>
>>8839112
It's people like you, who believed men would never be able to fly.
A space-lift will be possible at some point, the question is, if it will be profitable.
>>
>>8839106
CVD isn't scalable to mass production. We need a better manufacturing process.
>>
I tried to eat some CNT(10^-4 gramm) with cottage cheese, i shitted as fuck after that
>>
>>8839126
>hurr people like you are bad hurrr
go study if you actually care, instead of shitposting
>DUDE CARBON LMAO
are you even in STEM?
>>
>>8839225
>"STEM"
High schooler please. That's a marketing term coined by big business to flood the labor markets.
>>
>>8839126
It's literally impossible to build a self sustained 1000000ton lift with just carbon and steel
>>
>>8839241
let me be more clear then

PROVE YOU'RE NOT A GENDER STUDIES FRESHMAN FAGGOT
>>
>>8839225
try better bait next time

>>8839265
It's theoretically possible if we manage to create long tubes without crystal defects.
>>
>>8839301
why don't you show us some evidence or calculations you did to think this?
>>
>>8839200
Laser and arc discharge are even worse
>>
>>8839312
really? can I see the data?
>>
>>8839294
I'm a master's student in aerospace engineering. Every time you repeat the word "STEM" you're getting memed.
>>
>>8839352
good LARP no proof you're shit
>>
>>8839355
What do you want?
>>
>>8839352
Lel so i everyone else.
>>
>>8839106
>disposition
get the fuck off this board.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.