[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone know any hacks to getting a good sats score? My dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (9KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 244x206px
does anyone know any hacks to getting a good sats score? My dad went to university of pensylvenia and my bro went to oxford, but I can't get above a 1350

also post ur sats scores
>>
Why do murricans care so much about scores?

Here your previous scores have no effect on being able to enter uni or master programs. You either passed or you didn't.
>>
hey man have you tried studing
>>
>>8839087
just do what you want to do
don't do what your parents want you to do
>>
>>8839092
Because of our bullshit failed education policy
>>
>>8839103
no, but sure thing ill try that
>>
>>
>>8839087
>having to take a test in writing an reading to enter a good uni for science
Why are americans so retarded
>>
>>8840432
>you should be let in anywhere without knowing how to read and write at a basic level
>>
>be diagnosed with OCD, ADHD, Anxiety, Austism
>send documentation for extra time
>get extra time and can work on all the sections at once

did this and got 36 and 2390
>>
File: Screenshot_20170420-005047.png (421KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170420-005047.png
421KB, 1080x1920px
>>8840444
It's not pass/fail though.
It's, oh you have a larger vocabulary than this person so you get to study at a better university.
>pic related is what Grade 12 students in the UK would study if they wanted to study maths at uni.
>>
>>8840495
don't think you are special, most europeans learn the same shit to get into uni
>>
>>8839087

I took the SAT back in November. All I did was began studying in September, doing about 20-40 Khan Academy questions by subject every day, and taking a break on Sunday.

Every two weeks I would take one of their practice tests and see what I needed to work on. If I was getting weak on reading, I would spend more time practicing reading questions more than math or writing. rinse and repeat throughout until the week before the SAT, where I would lower the load of questions to around 10-20, and just doing a few quick review questions on Friday. Slept for 10 hours and got a 1480; 730 reading + writing, 750 math.

That's what I did, however. Some people can walk in there with no previous studying and get a 1400+, others don't. There's a girl I know who took the SAT about 3 times until she got a 1400+, and even then it was a 1410. What may work for others may not work for you, so just try out studying techniques until you find one that suits you.
>>
>>8839087
didn't study
got 1280 first time around
killed myself before I had the chance to take it again
>>
Got 1510 no studying, 1540 second time. Know your participles those always used to screw me over
>>
>>8839087
These exams are easy to cheat on. You read through the material the days before the exam, and then when you're writing it you can just use the answers you remembered. Anybody asks you if you cheated you just say "nah man I was up studying all night for the past week" and they'll be none-the-wiser ;)
>>
File: 1491330214904.jpg (3MB, 2523x3313px) Image search: [Google]
1491330214904.jpg
3MB, 2523x3313px
>>8840483

>tfw I did this
>this fucking worked and it was so easy
>laughing my ass off, meanwhile everyone else is spending money on prep courses and stressing over a system that is so easily gamed
>as another +1 adhd diagnosis also came with amphetamines, which helped in college
>although deep down I'll always know I was too much of a shiftless brainlet to study for legitimate scores
>>
got a 1460, didnt do any prep, showed up hungover.

didn't bother to take it again because my family was poor and it cost money and the score was enough to meet criteria for a full ride to a good state school.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.