[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pluto is not a planet, deal with it. >inb4 buttmad Plutoies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

Pluto is not a planet, deal with it.

>inb4 buttmad Plutoies try to argue against this
>>
>>8837678
plutophobe detected
back to >>>/sun/
>>
>>8837680
t. Plutofag
>>
Pluto may not be big enough to fit your definition of a planet; but she has big heart, which is arguably more important.
>>
Pluto sucks anyway
>>
>>8837799
t. Triggered Plutoie
>>
>>8837678
When I was a kid, Pluto was a planet.
Now that I'm an adult. Pluto is still a planet.
>>
>>8837811
Childhood is thinking pluto is a planet, adulthood is realizing that Neil Degrassi Tyson makes sense
>>
>>8837678
I agree that there's no good non-historical reason why Pluto should be a planet, but the IAU definition of a planet is pretty dumb.
>>
Pluto and Charon are a Binary dwarf planet system.

the barycenter is between them instead of inside the bigger object. so they wobble around that point.
>>
>>8837678
Mike Brown, just stop.
>>
>>8837678
Personally I'm for making Pluto a planet again. Not by changing the definition of planet to fit pluto though. I think we can all agree that destroying Neptune and all the Kuiper Belt objects so that Pluto fits the definition will end the debate and make everyone happy.
>>
>>8837678
Who cares what the label is

It's still out there, nothing happened to it
>>
>>8838279
Charon is a mass relay though.
>>
>>8837787
this. pluto is a literal piece of shitty rock. the only reason normies get angry about it is because they're too stupid to think about all the other cool complicated shit
>>
Only fucking site I can find of people being unironically this mad about Pluto not being classified as a planet. Jesus.
>>
>>8839356
Just google Alan Stern.
>>
>>8837710
Pluto's size qualifies as a planet, it's Pluto's orbit that created the debate.
>>
>>8837678
Pluto is a planet.

Pleas stop believing n what CNN tells you.
>>
>>8837678
Pluto has been observed several times and NASA has pictures of it. Just because your shitty telescope can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Only brainlets and flat-earth morons claim that it doesn't exist.
>>
>>8839754
>He thinks the opinion of some jackass that nobody's heard of even matters.
>>
>>8839985
>fuck he made me look like a retard, better pretend a well known astrophysicist is a nobody
>>
>>8839353
Americans want to jerk themselves off to the idea that they discovered a planet, but it just won't work. Try again sweetie.
>>
>>8840243
That is a matter of who finds Planet Nine first.
>>
>>8837678
ur mom is tho
>>
>>8840318
Planet Nine from Outer Space? lmaooo
>>
File: THE-LOVE-STAR-PICTURE.jpg (5KB, 120x175px) Image search: [Google]
THE-LOVE-STAR-PICTURE.jpg
5KB, 120x175px
>>8837678
>>
But what is Eris
>>
Pluto is a planet because there is no good reason for it not to be.
>>
>>8839787
I saw a few months back a nice proposal to make anything big enough to assume a more-or-less sphere an official planet -- we have over 100, by that definition.

Just think, all the excitement when some dwarf star has maybe 5 planets, and we suddenly have a hundred!
>>
>>8838529
This. Don't just yell at scientists to get your way, take the proactive route. Destroy everything that keeps it from being a planet.
>>
>>8837777
checked
>>
File: oldplanets dwarfplanets.jpg (126KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
oldplanets dwarfplanets.jpg
126KB, 520x800px
>>8840558
Besides a better understanding of what our solar system is, and that Pluto and its brethren in the Kuiper belt are a different family of objects from the 8 planets.
>>
>>8839787
Uh, no, the IAU was just fine with it being a planet until Eris et al were discovered, and they were like "Aw, hell, naw" so they changed the definition of what a planet was to keep the number artificially low.
>>
"planet" is not as well-defined and sharply-delineated a concept as we once thought, deal with it.
>>
>>8841790
Actually it is, hydrostatic equilibrium and orbiting a sun.

The debate is if their location in a solar system and interaction with other objects in a solar system should be part of the qualifier.
>>
>>8841839
>Actually it is, hydrostatic equilibrium and orbiting a sun.
How many planets are there in our Solar system?
>>
>>8841913
Either 8 or ~110 at current count.
>>
>>8837799
Is Eris a planet?
Is Ceres a planet?
>>
dude my dad is from pluto if pluto isnt a planet then why am i alive?
>>
>>8842245
You're a midget aren't you?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.