[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The other species of Hominidae are as sentient as Homo sapiens,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Koko_the_Gorilla.jpg (37KB, 621x388px) Image search: [Google]
Koko_the_Gorilla.jpg
37KB, 621x388px
The other species of Hominidae are able to communicate with us and of course with others of their species (perhaps even other Hominidae species).
They are able to learn human sign language and are able to understand spoken human language.
They show signs of complex thought, self-awareness and basic emotions.
They use tools and are fully capable of learning fairly complex tasks.
They're clearly almost as sentient as us, why aren't we doing more to protect them and giving them 'hominid rights'?
>Chimpanzees and gorillas are shown to be nearer to human-like intellect than other great apes.
>>
>>8834969
They do have rights. However, them being unable to comprehend rights, they don't get as much as humans.
>>
>>8834969
...chimps aren't great apes.
>>
>>8834981
You might be able to teach Koko, or another great ape who has been educated in higher level communication since a young age, the concept of some rights.
>>
>>8834985
Yes they are...
>Pan
>Panina
>Hominidae (great apes)
>>
>>8834969
OP clearly has never visited Chimpcongo.
>>
>>8834997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY9lWUfmDf0
>tfw chimp is smarter than your average teenager :^)
>>
>>8834981
What about the severely mentally retarded, or people in comas?
>>
>>8835037
This is true, I hate to say it, but some severely handicapped humans are less intelligent than some chimps.
>>
Chimps might be intelligent but they're wild, man. If a chimp "chimps" on you you're fucked for good. Gorillas are total bros.
>>
>>8835012
There's a video (that I can't find because searching "slav fighting mirror" gives very unrelated stuff) posted in a mp4 thread of some slav drunkard in a store arguing with his mirror image. As in, he didn't realize it was his mirror image and spent several minutes angry at it for not moving out of his way until the guy filming the video told him how things were.

Really fired my neurons.
>>
>>8835099
And? A human utterly losing their temper can easily kill another human.

For instance, a direct strike (even with little relative power) to the pterion can cause bleeding on the brain that will probably kill you.

>>8835108
Bonobos more self-aware than Slavs... Christ, just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>8834969
>They are able to learn human sign language
That's a meme
>>
>>8835155
It really isn't... just research the ape shown in the picture in the OP.
>>
>>8835108
>>8835109
Slavshits aren't human for starters.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.