[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people tell me im intelligent >ask if im a student >im

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1467800402036.jpg (39KB, 575x251px) Image search: [Google]
1467800402036.jpg
39KB, 575x251px
>people tell me im intelligent
>ask if im a student
>im 26
>i dont have the motivation to focus my energy in a field of study
>my only interest is philosophy and interacting with and understanding people.

Which college courses should i take to utilize my interests and make a living out of it?
>>
>>8829886
Study philosophy then? But you're asking stupid advice questions on /sci/ so really don't study anything as you'll never make any contribution.
>>
If you want to understand people, take cources on marketing and advertisement.
>>
>>8829886
>my only interest is philosophy

well golly gee idk go for fucking philosophy then? you pretty much answered your question. maybe take CS or engineering if you're afraid you wont get a decent job in the future
>>
>>8829886
Become a stock broker/trader.
>>
>>8829886
Psychology then, obviously.
>philosophy on theory
>interacting with other people on practice
>>
>>8829886
>questionably intelligent
>no motivation or focus
>looking to make a living
>has interests that dont align with your future field of study:

fucking engineering, youre a perfect candidate
>>
>>8830036

this. philosophers are uniquely suited to extraction of value from human resources and contacts. if they're really philosophers, that is.

real philosophers wind up not really having a philosophy. all books on philosophy were written by pretenders to philosophy. the profitable part of philosophy is understanding what true things a persons expressed philosophy means; in other words, divining the reality that their bullshit indicates. being versed in disputation of philosophy allows you to partake in engaging and creative talk with people, as you can have conversation that feels very meaningful and amusing with them, and they'll like you, if you're friendly.
>>
>>8830064
This.
>>
>>8830074
OP here
This is precisely how I feel. I want a job in human resources so bad. I have been writing a sort of book, outlining my ideals of my "philosophy", but my goal is to interact with people on a personal level, and in a professional environment.

>>8830036
never considered marketing or advertising.
>>
>>8830113
Not him but as a marketingfag, get a BSBA with a concentration in marketing if anything. Also advertising is just the shitwork of marketing
>>
>>8830114
im literally too dumb to do all of that. Im hopeless. Finances, and accounting. Please no laugh, im bad at math.
>>
>>8830113

take leadership courses and do lots of volunteer work. comport yourself admirably as someone who can actuate and organize personel. take courses in marketing, business, management. you could actually get an extremely high salary if you played your cards right and got around the right people. as in 500k+. you'd have to be extremely USEFUL though.
>>
>>8829886
You sound exactly like me, I'm glad I'm not the only one like this.
>>
>>8829886
Philosophy undergrad, lawyer grad.
>>
File: 1491767576578.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1491767576578.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>8829886

>my only interest is philosophy and interacting with and understanding people.

I suggest you kill yourself.
>>
>>8829886
Why doesn't this picture include the reproductive system?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.