[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quotes about math thread. I'll start: "God made the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Quotes about math thread.

I'll start:

"God made the integers, all else is the work of man." - Leopold Kronecker
>>
>>8829508
Bump
>>
"It's all bullshit, anyway."

- someone who I can't name because they're still alive
>>
>>8829508

"Reals"

-Wildberger
>>
"In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra." - Lebowitz
>>
"There are more brains in atoms than planets in the universe"
- Michi Kaki
>>
"Hilbert can suck my dick."
-Godel
>>
>>8829508
"God exists because mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists because we cannot prove the consistency."
[Andre Weil]
>>
File: november-2016-vogue-cover-07.jpg (981KB, 2420x3270px) Image search: [Google]
november-2016-vogue-cover-07.jpg
981KB, 2420x3270px
"The goys have proven the following theorem..."
- von Neumann

"Take any prime, 57 say,..."
- Grothendieck

"Wir müssen wissen, wir werden wissen"
-Hilbert
actually here
http://math.sfsu.edu/smith/Documents/HilbertRadio/HilbertRadio.mp3

I'm a physicist, so here are some:

The energy produced by the atom is a very poor kind of thing. Anyone who expects a source of power from the transformation of these atoms is talking moonshine.
-Rutherford

There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy will ever be obtainable. It would mean the atom would have to be shattered at will.
-Einstein

There is no likelihood that man can ever tap the power of the atom. The glib supposition of utilizing atomic energy when our coal has run out is a completely unscientific Utopian dream, a childish bug-a-boo.
-Millikan

Radio has no future.
and
There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now. All that remains is more and more precise measurement. , 1900
and
Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.
and
X-rays will prove to be a hoax.
-all by Kelvin

and so on...
>>
>>8829508

"I'm gay"

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
>>
"If I have seen farther than others, it's because I'm knee-deep in dwarfs."
~ Isaac Newton
>>
"The sum of all internal angles of any triangle give approximately πr"
- Isosceles
>>
>>8829898
dumb frog poster
>>
"No one has yet discovered any warlike purpose to be served by the theory of numbers or relativity, and it seems unlikely that anyone will do so for many years."
- G. H. Hardy
>>
"What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?" - Richard Feynman
>>
"What are you gonna do, stab me?"
- Archimedes
>>
>>8830252
>What are you gonna do, stab me?
kek
>>
"the sum of the digits of an integer, each multiplied by the basis raised to the power of the digit's rank in the integer's development, starting at zero for the right most digit, is approximately equal to the integer at stake"

-Condoleeza Rice
>>
File: grothendieck wizard.jpg (202KB, 630x943px) Image search: [Google]
grothendieck wizard.jpg
202KB, 630x943px
>>8829898
>"Take any prime, 57 say,..."
>- Grothendieck
grothendieck is an ascended sorcerer, he actually changed the rules of mathematics to make 57 prime
>>
>>8829915
I thought it was bill nye who is the engineer?
>>
File: feynman.jpg (107KB, 1600x557px) Image search: [Google]
feynman.jpg
107KB, 1600x557px
fool no one, not even yourself
>>
>>8830384
gold
>>
>>8829508
"Define a sequence {x_n} where x_i=0 if the Collatz sequence of i reaches 1, and x_i=1 otherwise. Then {x_n} converges to 0 iff the Collatz conjecture is true. But we don't know if the Collatz conjecture is true, and therefore the real numbers are not well-defined."
-Wildberger
>>
>>8829949
lost
>>
>>8830629
this argument rules tho
>>
File: IMG_20170416_154627.jpg (394KB, 1156x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_154627.jpg
394KB, 1156x1080px
>>8829898
oh, and I almost even noticed, I'm wearing my memeworthy Halmos t-shirt today
>>
>>8831072
Nice tits
>>
>>8831072
For a moment I thought you were wearing a keffiyeh and said "Hamas t-shirt."
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.