[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If an average human was shrunk down to the size of an ant, how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

If an average human was shrunk down to the size of an ant, how strong would the human be compared to an average ant?
>>
>>8828367
Magical questions need magical physics so you can make up anything you want.
>>
>>8828367
not strong enough if that cunt came up to me trying to chew at me i would uppercut its fucking teeth out
>>
>>8828401
And then he'd realize who was the dominant individual and he'd become my steed
>>
What are you trying to ask?
>>
>>8828404
you're not me don't reply to me and pretend you're me again or you will end up like the ant mate
>>
>>8828367
Wait, I'm confused. If an ant colony is as smart as a human, and ants have a hivemind does that mean that ants are as smart as humans?

I mean, ants are really fucking good at adpation right? So maybe they actually have the internet, computers, planes etc, but they are just so small we don't notice?

Ants are smart, I know this. There used to be an ant nest in my yard and I tried to pour bleach into the hole. I came back the next day and the nest had moved beneath the clothes drying line so I bleached it again. Then later the wind blew my best black shirt off the line and onto the pool of bleach and ruined it. I assumed it was luck but I guess not.
>>
>>8828512
>If an ant colony is as smart as a human
People often think that more neurons = more smarts, but that's a rather large simplification. The vast majority of neurons in our brain are dedicated to the control and coordination of motor action. That's why there are more neurons in the cerebellum alone than in all of the rest of the brain combined. Ants are crazy strong for their size, i.e. they need an appropriately sized neural architecture to support their motor system. Hence, they have relatively many neurons. But that doesn't mean that they're smart. Population dynamics arise due to intrinsic properties of the way ants communicate, and not due to some purposeful coordination.
>>
>>8828410
I didn't say I was you fuck face nor would
I was merely antisizing
>>
>>8828530
Fucking gold.
>>
>>8828515
>The vast majority of neurons in our brain are dedicated to the control and coordination of motor action

That is control be the nervous system outside the brain. It is hardwired for that based on voltage. This fact is now being used to design robots:

https://www.ted.com/talks/auke_ijspeert_a_robot_that_runs_and_swims_like_a_salamander

>>8828367
>pic

That's not how it works.

>>8828512
No. The premise is wrong from the start.
>>
Square/cube law strikes again:

http://www.curiousmeerkat.co.uk/questions/how-strong-would-a-man-sized-ant-be/
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.