[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's easy to look at only the bad shit and mock from a distance,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1482273125837.jpg (1MB, 1716x1710px) Image search: [Google]
1482273125837.jpg
1MB, 1716x1710px
It's easy to look at only the bad shit and mock from a distance, but have you ever actually worked and talked with philosophers? How were your experiences?
>>
>>8825877
everyones a philosopher.
>>
>>8825884
Yeah, but have you ever talked to actual philosophers?
>>
>>8825886
Yes. They're retarded with their unwarranted egos and personal opinions dressed as some mighty philosophical ideology.
>>
>>8825877
It depends. Are they the logical ones who acknowledge that we can't kno nothin in order to make a serious attempt at building the most solid possible framework for knowledge and reason?

Or are they the smug assholes who say we can't kno nothin and stop there in order to feel superior to their peers?
>>
>>8825889
Okay, but have you ever considered that you're wrong?
>>
>>8825906
Ugh, every time you ask /sci/ about philosophy you realize they understand fucking nothing.
>>
If they had replaced [philosophy] with [post-modernism] then everything Dawkins,Krauss,Nye, and Tyson said would be true.
>>
>>8825906
Good philosophers realize that we can know things.
>>
>>8825927
Every philosopher knows we can know things, it's more just questioning the knowledge that's actually important to us. Like nobody disagrees that A=A, but what is the correct political theory?
>>
>>8825924
You don't even know what postmodernism is, shut up.
>>
>>8825927
No, you can't. You can only ever be as certain as your axioms.
>>
I have met a few and you can quickly see which ones are the hacks. The real philosophers understand their limitations and have an authentic vision of philosophy. They understand that things aren't just a consequence of philosophy and can understand that their subject us restricted in many ways and can see the importance ans challenges of work in other fields.

The hacks on the other side, are egocentric, insecure retards with little intellectual curiosity besides knowing some "smart" quotes. Maybe they are not brain dead, but they are so away from reality they think there isn't any other field in the world that requires critical thinking. This obviously show that they lack even a superficial understanding of the subjects in matter which obviously leads them to really retatded pseudo-intellectual claims.

This isn't underhtad vs PhD as I've seen both types in both levels.
>>
>>8825939
There are axioms about which you can be absolutely certain.
>>
File: 1491479116400.jpg (876KB, 1716x2228px) Image search: [Google]
1491479116400.jpg
876KB, 1716x2228px
>>8825877
Forgot one
>>
>>8826002
Modus ponens is an axiom.
>>
>>8826054
Rulw of inference
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.