[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hilbert's son Franz suffered throughout his life from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Hilbert.jpg (25KB, 330x447px) Image search: [Google]
Hilbert.jpg
25KB, 330x447px
>Hilbert's son Franz suffered throughout his life from an undiagnosed mental illness. His inferior intellect was a terrible disappointment to his father and this misfortune was a matter of distress to the mathematicians and students at Göttingen.[23]

$5 says there was nothing wrong with the kid and Hilbert was just too autistic. Imagine your father being some huge physicist or mathematician; automatic disappointment unless you literally win a fucking Nobel in math or physics.
>>
>>8824826
Beethoven's kid was also a fuckup. Gotta imagine there's a bit of pressure on you when your dad is the world's best X.
>>
>>8824826
I remember reading that Gauss forbade his sons from going into mathematics lest they spoil the family name.
>>
>>8824834
meant to say "nephew", not kid
>>
>>8824826
I can feel his pain. If I were to have any kids, I would raise them as strictly as asians, so they'd end up smarter than me.
>>
>>8824860
>I can feel his pain.
This.
A dumb kid would be a huge source of stress.
But really dumb.
Not a 120 IQ normalfag.
>>
>>8824839

(assuming this anecdote to be true...)

This is all at once an extremely dick move and also makes total sense, coming from a literal, serious GOAT contender and all.

One can't help but make a modern normie sports analogy: imagine Michael Jordan forbidding his children to play the game.
>>
>>8824884
>120 IQ normalfag
What is an example of this
>>
>>8824901
According to wikipedia
>Gauss eventually had conflicts with his sons. He did not want any of his sons to enter mathematics or science for "fear of lowering the family name", as he believed none of them would surpass his own achievements.
>>
and that's why Euler is better of the two giants, because he was an all around good guy
>>
File: 1449260905537.png (121KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1449260905537.png
121KB, 396x385px
>>8824826
>Nobel in math
brainlet detected
>>
>>8824918
look in mirror
>>
>>8824901
>coming from a literal
...being a Mathematician,
he was figurative, not literal.
>>
>>8824982
Words can hurt
>>
>>8824826
There's no Nobel Prize for math. The Fields Medal is generally considered the highest honor in the field.
>>
>>8825529
The fields medal is the noble prize of math, retard.
>>
>>8825620
this is what 20 yo normies believe
>>
>>8825620
My dick is the food of your mom, retard
>>
>>8825640

best post on /sci/ at the moment.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.