[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>purposely use dumb as fuck bro language to perfectly describe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1463196592060.jpg (65KB, 640x615px) Image search: [Google]
1463196592060.jpg
65KB, 640x615px
>purposely use dumb as fuck bro language to perfectly describe subject matter and answer questions with professors/supervisors.
>their faces when
>>
>>8824523
I do the same thing brah
>>
>>8824523
Top lel I do this as well.
>>
>>8824523
woah bruh, chill out man! It's just language doing its thing yo. fo' real
>>
You're doing God's work, Anonymous.
>>
>>8824523
>> yfw your advisor/professor does this
>>
Good.

Being able to talk about difficult things using simple language is a sign that you understand what you talk about.
If you need fancy words, you may not understand the concept behind them, only when to use them.
Or even worse when people are being deliberately pretentious: Look at me, I know all the best words. Aren't I clever :D
>>
>professor thoroughly defines something
>brainlet: "oh, you mean {nonrigorous interpretation}? why didn't you just say that?"
>turns around, as if expecting applause from classmates
>>
>>8824523
I did this once unconscionably because I had a lot of things on my mind and was warned to not do it again.
>>
I'd be perfectly OK with a student using 'regular' words to describe the subject matter. As long as they demonstrate they understand, it's fine with me. In fact, I prefer it over a student trying to come off as smarter than they are.
>>
>>8824523
When I really get into homework I end uo writing proofs in casual language, like if I was out drinking with the bros.
>>
>>8824638
This. The more you understand something, the more diluted you man make it verbally. If you can only convey something through the same pretty, big words, you have memorized it, not understood it.
>>
its the feynman technique at work. Good on you OP.
>>
>>8824650
Freshmen using nonrigorous as if it's a swear word never fails to make me laugh.
>>
>>8824682
You only understand it if you can explain it to a 6yo
>>
>>8825536
Still better than freshmen spouting nonrigorous bullshit about stuff they don't understand.
>>
>>8826329

You only understand it if you can explain it to an autistic 2 yo using only sign language in 5 minutes
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.