[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In my thermodynamics class, I need to find a topic which I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

In my thermodynamics class, I need to find a topic which I have to research, construct a lab around (using the scope of the lab capabilities provided to me as an undergrad), and present give a 30 minute presentation on.

Anyone have any ideas for something cool but realistic?
>>
It doesn't have to be centered around thermodynamics. I could for example do the changing of the eath's magnetic polarity if I were able to test it in the lab.
>>
>>8823821
How to open a lock with no key. Add in what effect of temperature on lock and tool to open lock.
You will have full attention.
>>
>>8823821
Demonstrate the principles of thermal ablation. How no matter the heat rate, ablation of the material will cause the temperature of the solid ablator to plateau, with excess heat being carried away via gasification. Relate it into similar liquid-state phenomena such as the leidenfrost effect and the trick where you boil water in a paper cup without burning the cup.
>>
>>8823938
How would this be done in the lab?
>>
>>8824367
A lab is just a workspace. The lab of a chef is the kitchen. Be creative.
>>
>>8824412
didnt really answer my question. wasn't specify the word lab, kinda wanted to know the method.
>>
File: 1483071237304.jpg (15KB, 523x287px) Image search: [Google]
1483071237304.jpg
15KB, 523x287px
>>8824527
>think of my experimentation for me senpai

Engineers like you should be gassed. Honestly, I have enough brainlets to deal with in my classes who don't want to do the shit that they at least came up with independently. Somehow, you're even worse than that.
>>
>>8824561
im not op, i dont do engineering courses, was just interested.
>>
>>8824356
I understood some of the words you said
>>
>>8823821
Stick a hot dog up your ass, and don't take out until fully cooked. Note down the data and cross reference with your calculations.

Either do that or do your homework by your fucking self
>>
>>8824892
Was just asking for ideas for something to do, decided on a tesla coil, but god dam man get off your high horse.
>>
>>8823821
>In my thermodynamics class, I need to find a topic which I have to research, construct a lab around (using the scope of the lab capabilities provided to me as an undergrad), and present give a 30 minute presentation on.
why are you posting on /sci/ then?
>>
Build a steam engine. Can find a bunch of guides online. Be careful, they can be dangerous though.
>>
>NO U[math]\color{green} {^{10}}[/math]
>>
[math]\color{green} {\textbf >NO U{^{10}}}[/math]
>>
[math]\color{green} {\textbf{>NO U}\textbf{^{10}}}[/math]
>>
[math]\color{green} {\textbf{>NO U}\bf{^{10}}}[/math]
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.