[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /sci/, fellower 4channer from /his/ and /co/. I am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: index.png (5KB, 428x118px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
5KB, 428x118px
Hello /sci/, fellower 4channer from /his/ and /co/.

I am currently watching Discovery Science ''How the Universe Works'' series and they are very good and fascinating.

So my question is - are there any similiar, good, not too academic documentaries about space, universe and that entire field?
Thank you!
>>
> not too academic
go away
>>
>>8814637
Cosmos (the original). The Ascent of Man is fantastic if you like biology/anthropology.
>>
>>8814669
Okay then, give me academic ones as well.
>>
>>8814670
>The Ascent of Man
Is that the 1970's one?
>>
>>8814671
academics dont watch docs they read books.
>>
>>8814674
Yeah, Bronowski is such an articulate man. Even more impressive considering how much was ad lib'd.
>>
>>8814637
I don't think there is such a think as an "academic" documentary,
>they don't go into specific
>No maths involved, no formulas nothing to actually explain it
>just pretty pictures for normies that want to get high and say "yo that was deep, wow the universe is like so interesting"
So just about any documentary would do
>>
>>8814678
Well still, some are good and some are bad.
>>
>>8814637
Into the Universe - The story of everything
nice series with Stephen Hawking, high production value. you can find it on youtube though not in HD.

>>8814669
you probably don't even have a degree in science, you make-believe elitist.
>>
Bumping again, all mentioned docs are being downloaded. Need more.
>>
>>8814637
Through the Wormhole gives an overview of a wide variety of topics you can research further if you're interested
>>
>>8814637
The original cosmos with carl sagan is great; if you're really into CGI Space Stuff then the new cosmos isn't half bad either, even if the material and host aren't up to the standards of the first one.

The Universe from the history channel is pretty good from what I recall seeing when it was actively airing, focused mostly on the science and history of discovery with some sweet CGI
>>
>>8814743
PBS spacetime on youtube. Short and informative, its not heavy on math or details necessarily but it doesn't dumb things down too much either.
>>
>>8814678
Underrated post.
This guys is right no documentary ever goes into specifics.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.