[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you where to be tested with a lie detector, would you be able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: ll.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ll.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
If you where to be tested with a lie detector, would you be able to cheat it? I was thinking, if they asked you a question which the honest answer to was no, could you ask yourself a question in the head in which the honest answer is yes, then use that as the answer and pass the question they asked without getting caught? as you are technically skipping their question and answering for another.
>>
>>8811384
No
>>
Lie Detectors aren't detecting truth/lie, they're detective if you have a spike in stress which is associated with lying. My father had a friend who couldn't get a job because they asked him if he did drugs. He didn't do drugs but his brother use to be an addict. He kicked his brother out of the house because he wouldn't stop storing weed everywhere and his brother killed himself that night. So when they asked him on the lie detector if he did drugs, he said no but his stress levels spiked because of the memories so he couldn't get the job.

Another friend was asked if he was a Russian Spy during the cold-war era for a job, and he was so offended by the question that the lie detector thought he was lying.
>>
>>8811527
Wtf kind of job interview puts you through life detector? We they applying to be spies? :D
>>
>If you where to be tested with a lie detector, would you be able to cheat it?
If they ask you "will you answer no to this question?" you will have no choice BUT to cheat it.
>>
>>8811527
This.

Lies detectors are not allowed to be used as evidence in legal trials because they are so unreliable. Both false positives and false negatives. They are used in interrogations because people think they work which makes them admit things they otherwise wouldn't.
>>
>>8811999
I had to take one.
>>
>>8812010

What the fuck job was that for
>>
>>8812011
analyst
>>
>>8811384
Penn and Teller demonstrate how to cheat a lie detector test...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVHb-xpSZ_4
Sorry about the crap quality of the video... torrent the episode if it's eye and ear cancer for you...
>>
File: 1486976758301.gif (2MB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
1486976758301.gif
2MB, 298x298px
>>8811384

It's simple, if you are too stressed, the detector will think you lied everytime.

i don't even know how this lie detector is a serious thing.
>>
>>8812004
>will you answer no to this question?
"maybe"
>>
'Lie detectors' are pseudoscientific nonsense, only stupid burgers still believe in them.
>>
>>8811384
I had one course with EEG and we did the detector thing once. I quickly realised how to give it fake info and managed to lie for quite some time. They found out in the end, but it was still a good score for the first time ever. So if you could practice it, you could possibly cheat it. It is also a question of how proffesional would be the guy who analyzes your answers.
Without practice and detailed knowledge on how it works - impossible.

>>8812131
this guy doesn't know shit about it.
they are obviously correcting for the base stress level
>>
>>8812146

It's not about base stress level.
>>
just remember, Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it
>>
>>8812146
Not the guy you're replying to, but lie detectors usually work by taking some readings where you are asked basic questions like "is the sky blue?", to gauge your "baseline" levels. The standard way to cheat a lie detector is to make yourself stressed while answering these (and all subsequent) questions, so that they can't pick out any spike in stress caused by lying.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.