[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for medfags/physiology majors. Why does my sugar drop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1480012418038.jpg (31KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1480012418038.jpg
31KB, 395x387px
Question for medfags/physiology majors. Why does my sugar drop below normal levels even though I'm not diabetic or on any insulin? I notice a pattern at work where, after a light breakfast and a coffee right when I get to work, I get real shaky and weak and hungry 3-4 hrs into work, and I'm pretty sure its because I'm hypoglycemic.

Shouldn't my liver be compensating for my BG? I had a blood draw a month ago and my random BG came back at 3.2. A week later did FBG and A1c, which were 4.6 and 5.2 respectively. Also don't know if its worth mentioning but on the day I was 3.2 my urine was at a pH of 8.5 and I was proteinuric.
>>
>>8811268
You probably have AIDS.
>>
>>8811268

Hi, what people in first world countries dont know is that they are whats called PRE TYPE 2 DIABETIC: does an apple taste as delicious/satisfying as a new york cheesecake? if it doesnt then you are pre-diabetic.

eat more fat
>>
>>8811268
>Why does my sugar drop below normal levels even though I'm not diabetic or on any insulin?

You're probably diabetic.
>>
>>8811273
Nobody on Earth finds eating an apple as satisfying as eating cheesecake you retard. That's why people throughout history have gone through the trouble of making complex and extremely sweet desserts rather than eat fucking fruit.
>>
>>8811268
Maybe you need to stop being a little bitch.

What exactly are you eating for breakfast? And is it black coffee without sugar?
>>
>>8811268
There's an insulin receptor mutation in some people, but 3-4 hrs into work is too long for that to be the one

basically some people are more sensitive to their insulin and the glucose gets sucked away from the blood too quickly so you can get light headed

what you are describing is normal
i get that too especially if i eat sweets as dessert - the fall is steeper
>>
>>8811273
>>8811274
Well if the A1c was 5.2, then according to the numbers I don't fall under the prediabetic category, but chances are I have a predisposition to diabetes because of family.
>>8811285
Usually my intake consists of cereal with milk (Vector, Honey Nut), and coffee is dark roast, black.
>>8811298
From what I've read it sounds as if I have some sort of reactive hypoglycemia, where my pancreas overreacts to glucose intake and subsequent levels of insulin are higher than they should be. Long term consequences most likely will result in insulin resistance.
>>
Anxiety. Learn to breathe.
>>
>>8811268
Let's rule out some possible causes.

How long can you last without coffee/caffeine?
How's the air quality when you work?
Does fresh air give you a relief?
Are you skinny but able to eat like a fatso? Easily irritable?
>>
>>8811283
clearly he doesn't eat the apples at my local store.

how can so much juice be in one apple?? :D

also, 100 years ago we barely ate any sugar. 2 pounds a year. hot climates always choose hot spices.
>>
>>8812396
That's not quite true. The reason for much of the slave trade in the 18th century, that is 300 years ago, was to have workers to cultivate sugar cane. People have always loved sugar.

The reason why people ate less of it before was because it was expensive. But an apple, as juicy as it may be, is not the same as a cake or a sweet. Also, apples are shit tier fruit. If I wanted sour Styrofoam, I'd eat dixie cups sprayed with lemon juice. If you want good fruit, eat tropical fruits like mangoes and pineapples.
>>
>>8812561
spotted nigger, apples are for white men
>>
>>8812593
Apples come from Central Asia and were an import to Europe.
>>
>>8812718
so were whites
>>
>>8812921
No, that's a misconception. The Proto-Indo-Europeans were probably not white. What Europe inherited from these peoples was their language and customs, but so did India and Iran, and neither are white. The genetics of Europe are largely the same as they were before the arrival of the PIEs. White people and Proto-Indo-Europeans are not the same thing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.