[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>taking calc 2 >doing fine >everyone keeps telling me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1488208316447.png (85KB, 618x692px) Image search: [Google]
1488208316447.png
85KB, 618x692px
>taking calc 2
>doing fine
>everyone keeps telling me how hard it will get once we get to sequences and series and proving convergence/divergence
>get to sequences and series
>literally easiest part of the course

Why does everyone lie about everything?
>>
>take first year course
>blog about it
>expect anything besides being called a brainlet

PS
You're a brainlet OP
sage
>>
>>8808661
brainlet
>>
It's the part after sequences/series that got me

of course I was kind of lazy so
>>
lemme tell you, boi, that the toddler-tier exercises your doing are nothing compared to the sequences im told to solve in my engineering courses, let alone what a real mathsematician would solve
>>
This was me with Organic Chemistry. Literally just did the practice problems at the end of the book.
>>
nomaths think calc is hard
>>
>>8808661
Sequences and series in calc II? What will you have in calc III then?
>>
>>8808661
This.

Calc 1 and 2 has literally been plug and chug. I did do all of the "challenge" problems in the book before the test though.
>>
>>8809250
Vector Calculus
Greens Thm, flow, flux etc
Rate of curvature of a line or plane
Line integrals

Those were the main sections in my cal 3 class at least
>>
>>8808661
you think it's easy now, but wait until you have to study the series

[math] \sum_{p prime; p<2000000} p[/math]
>>
>>8808661
People find calc 2 hard (at least in the US) because they have been trained to calculate rather than use logical thinking.

Just look at how many students fuck up the simple test for divergence. They believe that if the terms go to zero the series converges.
Confusing "P => Q" and "Q =>P" is the most noobie brainlet mistake you can possibly make in logic. And yet people who are perfectly capable of doing many derivatives and integrals make this mistake, because nobody ever taught them basic logic.
>>
>>8809467
b-but anon P <=> Q
>>
>>8808666

Doing the devil's work my friend.
>>
File: TXTpMZC.png (93KB, 300x269px) Image search: [Google]
TXTpMZC.png
93KB, 300x269px
>>8808661
Because people learn differently.
Because people want to make math out to be some terrible mental torture of a class.
Because our culture hates math because our culture is stupid.
Because the people you talk to are stupid.
I learned not to listen to what other people say is "hard" or "not hard" real quick OP. I suggest you do the same.
I found intro chem really easy while the rest of the class groaned and moaned about it.
I found things in baby's first algebra class really difficult to understand while everyone else got it just fine.
Fuck what other people say. Don't compare yourself to others, don't let the experience of others dictate what OP does.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.