[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw majoring in mechanical engineering even though i hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1467530205622.jpg (83KB, 487x460px) Image search: [Google]
1467530205622.jpg
83KB, 487x460px
>tfw majoring in mechanical engineering even though i hate math
Who here /absolute madman/?

But maybe I'll find a way to love math-senpai.
>>
Go civil if you hate math, my prof has a PhD and designed a fucking dam by himself and used absolutely no calculus.
>>
>>8804911
don't do it unless you're a third worlder where money buys degrees and jobs and your parents could afford to pay/have connections
>>
>>8804915
Your professor was a designer. Not an engineer, there is a difference.

Designers design and engineers make it work with maths. I am a civil drafter and my dad does civil design/engineering. He mainly does design now and has an engineer sign off on his plans, a lot less stress.
>>
You're the kind of brainlet that brags as a freshman about how much money he's going to make by being at the top of the world degree wise then switches to business three semesters in.
>>
>>8804919
protip most engineers don't use calculus girl
>>
>>8804911
As a mechanical engineer, you'll probably just end up being a CAD artist anyways.
>>
>>8804919
Also, something I found out recently, you do not need a degree in order to practice design in any given field.
>>
>>8804923
kek so true
>>
>>8804919
His title was engineer.
>>
>>8804919
And he did the hydrological analysis before relevant software existed.
>>
>>8804941
Ya but not all engineers actually engineer, the point I am making. Especially in civil your professors plan probably went to someone who checked all his maths. In Australia we have REPQ's. Not saying he CAN'T design AND Engineer, it's just easier to do one and send it along the line.

You are usually designing stuff the client wants anyway.
>>
>>8804947
Yeah and my point was he was one of those people who did the design and the engineering.
>>
>>8804952
Yeah my point is no he wasn't. Big jobs such as that do not have that sort of trust in singular individuals.
>>
>>8804911
Why do you hate math?
>>
>>8804952
>>8804953

This is what 99% of title blocks on a CAD plan will have.
>>
>>8804956
Ours have check for both design and engineer and an REPQ to avoid any mistakes as my dad has almost been sued over flooding (idiot builders don't build what is on the plan).
>>
File: IMG_5346.jpg (50KB, 700x524px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5346.jpg
50KB, 700x524px
>>8804953
Things work differently in Chicago my friend
>>
>>8804965
I guarantee you the people who spent millions upon millions had others involved in the project, not just your super Prof who single handedly designed and engineered a dam.

There is simply too much risk involved.
>>
>>8804972
It's a concrete half pipe
>>
>>8804956
oh fuck is that graph ugly.
>>
File: iso.png (11KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
iso.png
11KB, 800x600px
>>8804986
As a drafty, yes, yes it fucking is. It's surprisingly funny just how little councils and companies care about the quality of their drawings.

That was straight from google though. The fonts are fucking atrocious.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.