[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I accidentally used active yeast instead of nutritional yeast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: yeastactivedry[1].jpg (75KB, 525x349px) Image search: [Google]
yeastactivedry[1].jpg
75KB, 525x349px
I accidentally used active yeast instead of nutritional yeast on my popcorn. The stomach will kill it right? Or can it colonize the intestine, cause fungemia etc? S. cerevisiae boulardii is used as a probiotic so certainly some of it has to survive?
>>
>>8803761

Just drink kombucha. On an empty stomach, just like you are suppose to with yogurt.
>>
>>8803761
You'll probably be fine but might have wicked gas or a stomach ache for a day or so.
>>
See a doctor.
>>
>>8803761
The worst you'll have is the shits and bloating. Drink lots of water, stay away from sugar for 24hours.
>>
>>8803761
>>8804656
I don't think baking yeast could even survive being inside of your stomach.
>>
Try making a bleach-ammonia cocktail and drinking it to neutralize it.

Or call poison control.
>>
>>8804689
It doesn't look like boulardii is a baking yeast. Depending on how much you ingested and how the amount sugar available the yeast could ferment it into ethanol and get you drunk. which might be cool.

Otherwise it's non-pathogenic and supposedly has plenty of therapeutic applications although I'm still skeptical of the effectiveness of probiotics in general. Also you might want to look at the average dose for a probiotic pill and compare to the amount you ingested. but if your not immunocompromised you should be fine
>>
>>8804689
>>8804810
I make homemade wine, when you still have active yeast in the wine it will wreck your stomach if there's enough, like in >>8804656

You don't want to try to eat yeast and sugar as a way to get drunk. Probiotics are real and really work, however, 99.9999% of people don't need them and get what they need in their normal diet. The other % are people who are sick and need boulardii as a medicine.
>>
>>8804810
>>8804831
I dunno man, I feel like the low PH and enzymes of your stomach would kill off such a fragile fungus pretty quickly. Poor little guys might not even get to make any CO2 or ethanol.
>>
>>8803761
When my granddad was a little kid, his mom gave him and his sisters chunks of (fresh) yeast cake to eat. It was some sort of nutrition fad in the 30s.

https://www.chemheritage.org/distillations/magazine/the-healing-power-of-compressed-yeast

You'll be fine.
>>
>>8804831
>You don't want to try to eat yeast and sugar as a way to get drunk.
Shit, I was just planning to do that.
>>
>>8804831
>99.9999% of people don't need them and get what they need in their normal diet.
Most people don't have a diet that gets them what they need, tho.
>>
>>8805466
If that was true, they'd die.

>>8804834
They absolutely do something. Just google "boulardii".
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.