[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say the the multiverse theory is proven to be true. Do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: parallel.jpg (78KB, 960x599px) Image search: [Google]
parallel.jpg
78KB, 960x599px
Say the the multiverse theory is proven to be true. Do you think that humanity would be ready for it? The concept is interesting to me.
>>
>>8802124
I dont think it would effect anyones life significantly. Religious ideologues would just ignore it and sci-fi nerds would cream their pants. Then we'd all wait around for a hundred or more years for a Rick Sanchez portal gun to be invented.
>>
>>8802124
Why do mods allow scifi threads?
>>
What has higher probability?
Humans visiting another planet in another star system that has life on it?
or
Humans visiting an alternate Earth that has life that evolved a little differently than us.

If the universe is expanding, and the multi verse theory is true, then it may be impossible for aliens to visit our planet, while at the same time there's is an infinity high probability that life from a parallel Earth will visit us here.
>>
>>8802124
>multiverse

>>>/x/
>>
>>8802124
It will never be proven true because it is total bullshit top to bottom.
>>
>>8802124
If we could get from one to another, we might interact with parallel civilizations which might be interesting. But the real boon is going to earths with life but no humans and setting up shop there uncontested.

But it's a bullshit theory anyway so eyy.
>>
>>8802137
>I dont think it would effect anyones life significantly.

The end.
>>
>>8802124
If the Multiverse Theory was real. Everyone would question who created the multiverse and how to gain access to the unlimited universes.
>>
>>8802166
nigger u dumb
>>
>>8802124
It could solve many problems we face as a society today, for example: If we could hypothetically build a portal network to other Earths in other universes which haven't any human history, we can colonize them and at least have a backup of our universe's civilization on another Earth.

We could also discover resources which could benefit our society as a whole, such as rare Earth minerals or even fauna and flora which could benefit human health needs and cure diseases.
>>
File: 1368541351450.gif (2MB, 260x225px) Image search: [Google]
1368541351450.gif
2MB, 260x225px
>>8802124
Did discovering other galaxies changed humanity?
This would be the same but even more out of reach.
>>
>>8802124
Most Anon's saying it wouldn't change much are right. It might be a neat fact if proven but ultimately- who gives a shit?
People lose it on here all the time over interstellar travel being impractical- can you imagine the difficulties of interdimensional travel?
>>
>>8802166
>>8802124
Aliens are just parallel versions of ourselves who evolved differently at a faster rate, and whom discovered parallel universe dimensional travel.
>>
>>8804574
People would be driven to make a machine that opens up to parallel earths, also if each universe is slightly different then does that mean they might be some slight changes physics wise?

Would earth-2 God even be the same as our God, or would he be different?
>>
>>8802124
doesn't matter much if it is proven true. we can't effect those other universes so they might as well not exist.
>>
File: NotBad.png (46KB, 689x502px) Image search: [Google]
NotBad.png
46KB, 689x502px
I think the best way to interpret the multiverse is as a mathematical potential. No one asks if the electromagnetic potential implies the existence of a real parallel universe whose gradient we experience as forces so i don't see any need to get too hung up on that.
>>
>>8804854
get that god shit out of /sci for fucks sake
>>
>>8804881
It's arguably more plausible than multiverse theory
>>
>>8804854
>parallel Earths

where do you niggers come up with this shit? thats like saying there are infinite copies of Earth existing in the exact location of space time but in an infinite number of Universes.

that line of thinking is parallel to the 5th part of the Hitchhikers Guide, which is arguably the 2nd worst book of the series.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.