[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hour long exam >student turns it in after 10 minutes >2/3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 7667.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
7667.png
581KB, 762x464px
>hour long exam
>student turns it in after 10 minutes
>2/3 of the exam completely blank

Why do people do this?
>>
>>8800736
...ppl do this?
>>
>>8800736
People don't study and don't know the answers?
>>
>>8800736
They just "give up". That's all there is to it.
>>
>>8800861
This. People either just throw in the towel because they don't know the answers, or simply don't care about it. The question is why even attempt to get a degree if you don't have the desire for one?
>>
>>8800736
If you have no fucking idea how to solve some of the problems why waste 50 minutes sitting there staring at a piece of paper making up some bullshit that won't get you any points?
>>
>>8801176
Dude just because you want a degree doesn't mean you are going to be able to answer every question on every test.

Maybe I genuinely want a degree, I'd just rather have a degree with a few Cs and smoke weed and study 3 hours a day than have a degree with all As and study 8 hours a day.
>>
>>8801176
autism is not conducive to top-ranking graduation positions or research success anon, look at the number of respectable professors and researchers who gave 0 fucks in their undergrad semesters

if you didn't fuck up in some fashion at least once during your studies, did you ever truly learn?
>>
>>8801176

Sometimes you just don't know, and sitting there staring at the paper for 2 hours isn't going to change that. Doesn't always mean they weren't trying, maybe they just didn't know the material as well as they thought.

And for the people who truly don't care about the degree... it's kind of obvious. There are a huge number of students who have no real desire to learn but go to college for the social aspect, job opportunities, or because their parents are paying for it.
>>
>>8801218
>>8801241
>>8801212
>>8802209
But why blank answers? That's retarded, I always answered all questions even if I had no idea what I was doing or wrote stuff that was barely related to the question to get partial credit. And that worked well, especially in undergrad. Blank answers don't mean that you settle for a C, they mean you don't even give enough of a fuck to increase your chances for your C.
>>
>>8802209
This isn't always true, especially for easier undergrad exams. I've solved problems I had no idea how to start before with simple, logical assumptions; othertimes I've gotten a correct answer by trying a problem 50 different ways and then choosing what makes the most "sense."

If you have a developed a rigorous base, you should be able to correctly reason a problem, even if you don't know where to start.
>>
>>8801241
what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>8802225
Dude, when you start making stuff up in, like, English class or Calculus, you're probably gonna get some kind of partial credit. When you're in a math class staring at a proof and you don't have the faintest fucking clue where to even begin and you don't even remember all the relevant theorems, you are not gonna get any kind of partial credit, it's just an extremely painful waste of time.
>>
>>8802236
Moreover, depending on who will correct your paper, bullshit answers may just annoy the corrector and he will be more severe with the questions that you got right
>hey motherfucker you forgot one statement before using the theorem
>I guess you failed the entire question
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.