[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when do humans start space colonization? What are the chances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1490463645574.gif (3MB, 440x243px) Image search: [Google]
1490463645574.gif
3MB, 440x243px
So when do humans start space colonization?
What are the chances of alien life?
Do you think they are advanced as us or they are in a different level?
>>
>>8799358
>So when do humans start space colonization?
see
>>8794047

>What are the chances of alien life?

High, but we will never see them except for some extremophiles in our own solar system.

>Do you think they are advanced as us or they are in a different level?

A little of everything possible I'm sure, but not much more advanced since science doesn't have too many tricks left to discover. It is almost all engineering at this point.
>>
space colonization is largely a meme
the most we'll have for foreseeable future or maybe ever is a small research station on mars
>>
>>8799543
Not so much a meme. People tend to want to colonize the wrong places. Like Mars for instance.
>>
>>8799550
You cant even name a better place, thinking realistically.
>>
>>8799764
I made this thread if that helps: >>8794047
>>
1. you don't want humanity to make contact with alien life in a way that reveals our home location. Our risk of extinction goes up significantly.
2. the only real chance of humanity contacting alien life. is our AI probes meet their AI probes.
>>
File: ddsgf.jpg (14KB, 222x201px) Image search: [Google]
ddsgf.jpg
14KB, 222x201px
>>8799358

You have to get their first.

And the chances of true colonization to take effect greatly increase based on economic incentive. Which is pretty damn remote.

Essentially we need two things to occur:
1. We need to go really fast.
2. We need to be drastically poorer on Earth.
>>
>>8799358
Long after you're dead. Right now, people go blind and grow weak from staying in space too long. There is no practical economical way of generating a constant 1g from head to toe.
>>
Can we please stop comparing sailing on Earth to space travel? Both the hazards and the distances do not even begin to compare, just because the former was achieved doesn't mean that the latter will naturally follow.
>>
File: elon-musk-20837159-1-402.png (132KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
elon-musk-20837159-1-402.png
132KB, 300x300px
>>8800209
Anon, that is exactly what is going on right now.
>>
>>8799358
So when do humans start to use the catalogue before starting a new thread?

Both topics you raise already have threads.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.