[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do human brains obsess compulsively over things and people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1491120912612.jpg (136KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491120912612.jpg
136KB, 720x960px
why do human brains obsess compulsively over things and people that they can never realistically have?

What is the evolutionary significance of this type of futile behaviour?
>>
>>8798444
Wanna elaborate what you're thinking of?

In terms of social status a little bit of envy doesn't hurt in motivating oneself.
>>
File: 3490573480563486.jpg (44KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
3490573480563486.jpg
44KB, 500x532px
>>8798447
basically, what is the evolutionary significance of oneitism i.e. obsessing about someone who you can never realistically have?

I don't think its really envy.
>>
>>8798451
Wow you stupid fucking nigger. I thought we'd be talking about something interesting but you're just thirsty for some girls.
Maybe if you didn't have the slightest bit of urge to fuck Susan you'd give up an spend the rest of your days watching anime. Oh wait.
>>
>>8798451
Probably just a shitty childhood, i.e it has nothing to do with evolution.
>>
>>8798444
If you don't had options, your mind would try only one thing until die.

This thing is used for abusive person destroy any option or exit.

Go out and get more options, everything would be better.
>>
File: 1484431876134.jpg (337KB, 1911x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484431876134.jpg
337KB, 1911x1080px
>>8798444
>>8798451
This is pure envy. It's suppose to be a motivational mechanism in my opinion. Driving you to search for the perfect breeding partner or at least something atkin to it.
>>
>>8798444
checked
Also I think I saw you on r9k, right?
you were using the words "shitskin" and "oneitis" IIRC
>>
>>8798444
Let me impart some real knowledge on you. There is no such thing as a soulmate. You are compatible with some people, and you aren't compatible with some people. You've built this girl up in your mind to be way more than she is, which is an imperfect human being, just like you. There are and will always be other girls that you can be happy with if you can't get this one. And that shouldn't make you sad, it should make you happy. You do have to have the balls to try to get them, though.
>>
>>8798451
being a bland brainlet who has no personality or achievements so he pretends to grasps at things he unrealistically puts on a pedestal
>>
>>8799099
This anon speaks truth.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.