[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Log[(z+5)/(z^2+3z+2)] How is this analytic on the real segment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: DvXsjqbk.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
DvXsjqbk.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
Log[(z+5)/(z^2+3z+2)]

How is this analytic on the real segment (-2,-1)? Log is the is the principal branch of the complex logarithm.

Some book I'm using to revise complex analysis says this is the case.
>>
factor z^2+3z+2 brainlet

also there's a stupid question thread
>>
>>8793602

Roots are z=-1 and z=-2, so not analytical on there. I'm asking about the interval (-2,-1).

The argument for

Log[(z+5)/(z^2+3z+2)]

is negative on that segment. Can it still somehow be analytical or is the book wrong?
>>
>>8793600
because you can expand it as a power series locally at all points obviously

use another branch
>>
>>8793730

How does it differ from the case x ≤ -5, y = 0? Book claims non-analyticity there as well.
>>
>>8794097
i don't understand the issue

a function is analytic on a strip on the real line if it is analytic in a neighborhood of that strip in the complex plane.

there is no way to define the complex logarithm at zero, however there is always a way to define the complex logarithm on any SIMPLY CONNECTED subset of the complex plane minus zero. so you have to make a branch cut, usually on the positive or negative real line

if you want to take the logarithm of a function, you look at the range of that function

the rational function (z+5)/((z+2)(z+1)) has critical values at -5, -2, and -1. on (-2,-1) the range of the function is strictly negative real numbers, so you can define a logarithm there. same thing when z<-5, although when z = 5 then there is an issue.
>>
>>8793600
Why is there no holomorphic function on the unit disk with f(1/n)=2^(-n) n=2,3... ?
>>
>>8793600
that guy's face is full of stupidity just look at him he looks like a cretin he looks like a gaping Anoos
>>
>>8794785
>hahah le funny face haha funny look hahaha
kill yourself
>>
>>8794923
>le kill yourself meme
too stupid and unoriginal to come up with your own insult? I shit on your brain you stupid brainlet

i shit on your soul
>>
>>8794771
take your domain as the unit disk minus zero. this function is identical to 2^(-1/z) on 1/n for n=2,3,...

call the function f. then f(z) - 2^(-1/z) has zeros at these points. if zero is a pole then z^n(f(z) - 2(-1/z)) has a removable singularity for some large enough n and so it is the zero function because zero is an accumulation points of zero.

if f(z)-2^(-1/z) does not have a pole then it has an essential singularity.

hopefully you get an idea that either way f(z) cannot be extended to the whole disk.
>>
>>8794958
>complain about original insults
>HAHAHAHA BRAINLET
And besides, it was a suggestion, not an insult.
>>
>>8794973
you're hilarious man I am so happy knowing that people as stupid as you exist on this planet thanks to capitalism and competition between humans i will shit on your life and take all your resources i will become rich and optimized while you become poorer and poorer
>>
>>8794979
Of course you will. Like Mcduck.

A children tale, a fantasy. Good luck.
>>
>>8794992
I'm already at a top 10 university I piss on your life brudda, whenever I piss you come to the toilet and open your mouth thinking that if you catch a droplet of piss you may increase your IQ by a few decimals
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.