[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how long will it take me to reach six figures as a mechanical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

how long will it take me to reach six figures as a mechanical engineer with a master's degree
>>
How many cocks can you suck per hour?
>>
>>8792382
i wouldn't know as i've been pimping your mother to perform this duty for the past 2 years
>>
File: 1351820924150.jpg (207KB, 720x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1351820924150.jpg
207KB, 720x1400px
>>8792406
Then you would know, retard...

[not him, btw]
>>
>>8792435
he's been pimping your mother as well and actually has no idea

[not him, btw]
>>
You autists.

Anyway OP, I think it will all depend on where are you working, if you start with 90k then <5 years, 80 then <7.5 years and so on.
>>
>>8792456
is 90k starting normal? I was assuming I could negotiate up to 80k

I'm looking at a variety of companies now but mostly in the auto and medical instruments industry
>>
>>8792489
Depends on your experience, EVERYTHING depends on your experience after the MS.

You could negotiate that in a top company, but I guess if you don't want to risk much then 80k is alright, and like I said you could get to 100k in less than a decade, depending on how much your salary grows after a few years in your work.
>>
>>8792510
I'll have a little over a year of legit industry experience before the MS even ends

I'm assuming I'll have more negotiation leverage over the company I'm currently working at when it comes time to renegotiate my salary
>>
>>8792375
>as a mechanical engineer with a master's degree

What the fuck.

I am in CS from a no-name public school, and I am making ~80K starting straight from undergrad.

I expect to be making at least double that in 5 years.

It is outright extortion for a non-meme engineering major with Masters to not be making 6 figures out of College.
>>
>>8792555
what kind of company did you intern at and what part of the country are you based in

ME's with undergrad degrees generally start with 60-65k around here and some companies try to lowball recent grads with 55k/yr salaries
>>
>>8792564
I am here in Atlanta, a very cheap city.

I interned at a large retail company's IT department for 20/hour.

I am aware that even for my position I got low-balled a little bit. If I came from a more elite school instead of a Public one, I could have easily gotten an offer of +85k.
>>
>>8792572
I'm in a similar position where I'm interning at a large company for 20/hr and I'm at a public school

I'll check outside of my region and see what lands
>>
>>8792551
>I'll have a little over a year of legit industry experience before the MS even ends
Jesus, Anon.

Yeah, you gotta negotiate on your current company since according some sources like Payscale and Google search, you should approximately start with 74k but IIRC your salary should increase fast after 10 years though.

But anyway, I think you'll reach 100k sooner or later but you can get that 100k if you are in a big company like in every career.

Hopefully you will get that job, good luck.
>>
>>8792587
>Payscale and Google search
I'm asking directly because I notice a lot of this data is years old or doesn't match up with what people seem to be claiming when I speak to people in person about these matters
>>
>>8792656
Hmm true true.

I seriously can't think of a good estimate, but I guess that 80k should be the minimum.

Just try to ask for a job in a good company anyway.
>>
>>8792375
You'll never reach it.
If you're like most engineers, you'll buy and S-Class Benz one year, a house the an annual payment 25% of your income the next year, a boat the next year, get a trophy wife who blows $20k/yr at Nordstrom, another $100k benz for her, etc. At the end of the day, you won't be close to 6 figures.
>>
>>8792801
>that lifestyle
More luck as a stocks investor.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.