[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /sci/ believe that we'll ever advance to the point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Does /sci/ believe that we'll ever advance to the point of visiting other star systems and colonizing planets, or do you think we'll die off before then?
>>
Our generation has yet to meet an elderly person that grew up playing video games.
>>
>>8792309
I think we may all be dead for witnessing the day, however, I do think that humanity will become AT LEAST interstellar and hopefully intergalactic.

Though, outside of a miracle we will always be trapped within our gravitationally bound Local Group.
>>
>>8792309
yes
also... wings on a spacecraft? are those jet engines on that thing too? did they expect there to be interplanetary air or something? lol
>>
>>8792309
We'll definitely not be able to live to see that happen, unless we keep on improving how to reduce the aging process on almost everyone and people stop reproducing really fast like Africa and Pakistan.

We would see at least interstellar travel like the other anon said and if we cannot get into intergalactic then I think humankind will spend most of it's time on terraforming lots of planets that IMO this will be one of the biggests steps until we find out how to reach intergalactic travel a few hundred thousand years or more.

It'd be cozy if we at least terraform most of this galaxy though, wouldn't mind some space tourism.
>>
>>8792309
If we survive the fallout of global warming, maybe
but that's a big if
>>
>>8792309
So long as your definition of visiting other star systems doesn't include humans, yeah it should be doable
>>
>>8792358
This is the thing i most expect about the future. Nursing homes filled with computers
>>
>>8792309
No one knows what the future holds. But without help mankind will not succeed within the first 300 years. However, if we made contact with an other civilization it could happen moments later, in theory.
>>
>>8792309
why would we go to a star system? do you mean planetary system?
I believe we might somewhat colonise some planets in the solar system but that's about it. We'll die before doing much more, indeed I don't think there will even be much reason to do anything more than that.
>>
>>8792309
>colonizing planets
Yes
>visiting other star systems
Nope
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.