[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i've always had problem with division, how can i learn the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: md_algebra.png (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
md_algebra.png
15KB, 300x300px
i've always had problem with division, how can i learn the division algorithm from zero? I've heard a lot of that gelfand algebra book, is it a good book for this?
>>
Do you mean simple stuff like the expressions in the pic?
>>
division is just inverse multiplication

are you good at multiplication, anon?

if 18 / x = 6, what multiplied by 6 gives you 18?
>>
>>8791778
Oh no, more complex stuff, this one is easy.
>>8791786
Yes i started to mentally see 18 = 6x instead of 18/x=6 it's helping.
>>
All division is simply fractions written out in long form. Get good with fractions and division will come naturally.

Also, memorize your damn times tables if you haven't already. 1-12 pleb tier, go to 16x16 to win.
>>
>>8791855
20x20 since grade 4 ftw
>>
>>8791747
If you want to start from scratch, learn the Chinese remainder theorem and or euclid's algorithm
>>
>>8792812
>learn the Chinese remainder theorem and or euclid's algorithm

That's the type of thing i was searching for. Thanks.
>>
>>8791747
learn division from zero
> from zero
baka
>>
>>8791747
>i've always had problem with division, how can i learn the division algorithm from zero? I've heard a lot of that gelfand algebra book, is it a good book for this?

I'm going to give you an almost gradeschool answer but it honestly reads like that's what you need.

1) Learn the multiplication tables from 1 to 10 times 1 to 10.

E.g. 7-14-21-28-35-42-49-56-63-70 for 7x

This is honestly best done by constant repetition during your pre-teens and I'm kind of hoping you already know them but if not, flash cars and e.g. ANKI can help you with this

2) When you need to divide a number smaller than 101 by a number smaller than 11, use the multiplication table for that number and see when you overshoot.

E.g. 34/7 should get you thinking 7,14,21,28,35

You counted 4 numbers before you overshot, so the answer is 4 plus some fraction. The last number in the 7 table before overshoot was 28, so you've got (34-28 = 6) left over. The answer is 4 + 6/7ths.

3) If you overshoot the table, subtract the max and start again

E.g. 82/7 is (82-70)/7 + 70/7 = 12/7 + 70/7

Then solve both of those according to the table and the method in (2), so 1 + 5/7 + 10 = 11 + 5/7ths.

POST TO BE CONTINUED
>>
>>8791747
Its just mutiplication by the reciprocal. If it bothers you that much just change it to that (ex, instead of 18/3 do 18*1/3)
>>
https://www.mathsisfun.com/long_division.html

It's important to know how to do this in case you ever needed to, for example, divide polynomials.
>>
>>8793353
>>8793579
Thanks anon, about this long division algorithm, i know another one, but both of them (this and the one i know) seems like black magic, i can't find an explanation of what i'm exactly doing, i'm just manipulating some numbers and the results pops in.
>>
Do you understand euclidian division ?
If yes, the rest is also pretty simple.

Let's say you want to divide 10 by 7.
You can put 1 times 7 in 10, so the unit number of the restult is 1, and 3 remains.

Now you want to find the first decimal number, that is, how many times you can put 0.7 in 3, the remainder. In other words, how many times you can put 7 in 30.
You can put 4 times 7 in 30 (4 times 0.7 in 3), so your result is now 1.4, and the remainder is 0.2.

You now want to find the second decimal number, that is, how many times you can put 0.07 in 0.2, in other words, how many times you can put 7 in 20.
You can put....
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.