[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was pulled out of school in year 10 (2 years from high school

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: random.jpg (5KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
random.jpg
5KB, 263x192px
I was pulled out of school in year 10 (2 years from high school graduation in Australia) due to family issues, what is a good site I can use to go through the different levels of math that are taught in school and relearn a lot of it?

I used to love math and I miss it now,.
>>
>>8790016
I'm sure you know this, but Khan academy is pretty good. But depending on your willpower, it might be better to get a textbook and work through it by hand.
>>
i think you should focus on how your mathamphatamine addiction has got you taken out of school and torn apart your family

Math, not even once
>>
You can 'learn' math from sites and places like Khan Academy like I'm sure someone might recommend, but you will not truly learn the material.

It'll be harder and more challenging to learn it all on your own, but you'll just have to pace yourself and commit to learning from a good textbook if you're serious about this. That's how you'll truly understand the material and not just get the very basic surface coverage you'll get from places like Youtube.

Youtube videos should really serve to supplement your learning, it should definitely not be the primary source of material.

patrickJMT does some good videos if you ever get stuck and need someone to show their process and approach on problems.

But definitely get a good textbook first.
>>
>>8790022
>>8790020
Thanks you
>>
>>8790022
He can try finding a good university profs webpage and use his notes?

I did that once. I copied the notes out by hand then just did the question form the textbook for that profs course
>>
>>8790024
Only when he reaches that level though.
>>
>>8790016
My $0.02 are that you should try to just audit a class at a college. Maybe it's just because I'm a weak willed pussy, but I could never self-teach math. But maybe you have better willpower than me
>>
>>8790020
>>8790022
>you will not "truly" learn from Khan academy.

I don't get it, he's going to learn 10th grade stuff so it's going to be algebra 2 trig and onwards. All you need with those two subjects is a lot of practice, not some deep understanding, that comes with doing the exercises. Granted for anything non-math or from calculus onward you'd need something more than khan
>>
>>8790022
Khan is good enough to get the highschool stuff down.

Most people don't learn from these videos because everything is spoonfed and you don't have to think for yourself, but they work if you're willing to pay attention, put in the effort and solve al the questions.
>>
>>8790016
you mean meth
>>
>>8790167
>>8790157
>>8790024
>>8790022
>>8790020
>Khan Academy
Explain why there's no white supremacist math site?
I won't watch muslim videos
>>
>>8790174
Hot take:
Dissocs > opioids >>> cocaine >>>(power gap)>>> weed > alcohol >>>>>>>>> other stims
>>
>>8790016
Professor Leonard on youtube, but I am not sure he has any math beyound Calculus.

"Basic mathemathics" book is pretty nice.
>>
http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/sitemap.aspx?f=C

This should be on the front page at all times, I've never found a better internet resource.

Also the Art of Problem Solving books will stretch your understanding.
>>
>>8790016
Take a course at your local Junior college, otherwise checkout mit oc
w, Yale ocw, coursera, edx, etc
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.