[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

asking why you can't travel faster than the speed of light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 7 (2).jpg (336KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
7 (2).jpg
336KB, 960x1280px
asking why you can't travel faster than the speed of light is like asking why no human can run faster than usain bolt
>>
>>8787993
Do you mean that if something turned out to be faster than the speed of light it would overtake it as a new point of reference and eg Planck time would have to be updated with it?
That's really deep mang, let me take another bong hit and get back to you.
>>
so we just have to use PEDs to break the speed of light?
>>
So you be saying that the only way to outrun light is to be dark?
>>
File: 4802699-professor+farnsworth.png (274KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4802699-professor+farnsworth.png
274KB, 1280x720px
>>8787993
What if we find a way to decrease the speed of light?
>>
>>8788049

Yep. The sun's roid rage is why we get sunburns
>>
>>8787993

No it isn't, because some day a human WILL run faster than Bolt.
>>
>>8788330

Easy, just make it propagate thru a medium such as water.
>>
>>8788935
So you're saying that shooting a beam of light thru a body of water will forever change the constant c?
>>
>>8787993
that's a boy right?
>>
>>8787993
>
>>
>>8788935
Is there a medium through which light propagates at zero speed?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1920x1085px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1920x1085px
>>8790140
>>
>>8790190
>>8790188
now we can go on to the next topic
>>
>>8790202
nah Speed of light in a medium is [eqn]c=\frac{1}{\sqrt{\epsilon_0\mu_0}*\sqrt{\epsilon_r\mu_r}}[/eqn]
Since [eqn]\epsilon_0[/eqn] and [eqn]\mu_0[/eqn] are constants you need [eqn]\epsilon_r[/eqn] and [eqn]\mu_r[/eqn] to be infinite so that [eqn]\frac{1}{\sqrt{\epsilon_r\mu_r}}[/eqn] is 0
>>
>>8790267
black hole my nigga
>>
>>8790268
why would a black hole have infinite [math]\epsilon_r[/math] and [math]\mu_r[/math]?
Or are you just memeing?
>>
So what you're saying is, hypothetically, if I practice really hard, I can run faster than light? Gee wuiz, Shanon, thanks for motivating me to chase after my life goals!
>>
>>8790289
escape velocity of the event horizon of a black hole is greater than speed of light
>>
>>8790320
And? that only means that Gravity there is strong enough to prevent light from leaving, not that light does not move there
And especially not that [math]\epsilon_r\mu_r=0[/math] there
>>
>>8790341
dont get me wrong here but photon dont have mass, and the reason light fall into black hole is because of distortion of space and time.
>>
>>8790361
And in what way does this contradict what I said?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.