[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just took a calc 2 exam on Taylor polys and realized that calc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1490231052694.png (938B, 199x130px) Image search: [Google]
1490231052694.png
938B, 199x130px
Just took a calc 2 exam on Taylor polys and realized that calc 2 is for brainlets
>Is calc 3 that bad?
>>
Not as bad. When I was 15 I read Calculus made Easy by Martin Gardener over the summer, and ended up skipping Calc 1 and 2 and just went straight to Calc 3
>>
>>8787956
did you memorize all of your identities?

That's really the secret to calc 2. Being able to do the algebra and simplifications. The actual integration and derivatives are easy.

Also you're only in the first few weeks of class, it will get more difficult and quickly.
>>
>>8787956
calc III is easier than calc II
>>
Calc 3 is more difficult conceptually than calc 2 but easier otherwise
>>
>>8787976
Ye
>>
>>8787959
I fucking wish I could've done that but I'm retarded when it comes to AP tests- they ask too much of a mortal senior with senioritus
>>
Calc 2 is easy and calc 3 looks much harder than it actually is.
>>
Calc 2 for me was certainly the hardest of all calculus classes. Calc 3 uses a lot of what you already know, plus some more—this time in the 3d space instead of 2 dimensional planes. It's basically calc 2 but with 3d spaces. Some more parameters but nothing too new.
>>
"calc 2 is hard" is a fucking meme, it's literally highschool math. Calc 3 is even easier, and Diff Eq is even EASIER
>>
>>8787956
Taylor polynomials aren't so bad but a lot of people find series in general to be difficult.

The problem is that (at least in America) we are taught to calculate a lot of things without being taught much logical thinking. It's truly bizarre that American students can do derivatives and integrals before they understand logical implication.

Just look at how common it is for calc 2 students to say a series converges because the terms go to zero. No matter how many times you explain basic logic to them, they are basically stupid babies when it comes to this.
>>
>>8787976
Wait, I have 5 weeks left of calc 2 and we havent even covered the taylor series yet. What the fuck?
>>
>>8787956
>calculus
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

I hope you are enjoying being 17 i wish my life was still that easy

t. math PhD student
>>
>>8789937
>math PhD student
what a waste of a life
>>
>>8789942
Insults do not stop my laughter.

Graduate mathematics seeing the abyss of the universe face on. I can't do anything else, I need to go deeper.
>>
>>8789590
You'll be fine
>>
>>8789942
>what a waste of a life
nigger what are you doing on sci?
>>
yapping yapping yapping
>>
>>8790413
he's living life to its fullest, obviously
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.