[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine? Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 12

File: sdjkfh324.jpg (968KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
sdjkfh324.jpg
968KB, 800x534px
What does /sci/ think of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine?

Why is in the human body?
>>
How many more people need to be killed by psychopaths high on DMT before they admit it's a problem?
>>
It's a class 1 drug and will lead to more harmful drug addictions like Acid and LSD or even heroine and meth
>>
A very chill, eye opening hallucinogen.
It's probably in the body to induce vision during sleep, the feeling of transcendentalness when falling asleep (that moment you drift away) and to give add to the best trip of your life when you slowly drift away to the everlasting blackness death provides.

Also, don't listen to the previous poster. Hallucinogens are NOT addictive.
>>
>>8785714
>>8785724
These posts make me question the viewpoints that people actually have.

Worrying stuff.
>>
>>8785697
Why is formaldehyde in the body?
>>
>>8785741
It is essential for the production of some basic biological materials, such as certain amino acids.

At least that has a real answer unlike the DMT question.
>>
>>8785724
Once some one sold me some marijuana laced with hash and acid.

I binged on it for an entire week without sleeping.
>>
>>8785812
>marijuana laced with hash
>this is possible

So, you've never even seen weed in real life, right?
>>
>>8785821

Dealers will to anything to maximize profit even use rat poison to bulk their weed out and make it more addictive.
>>
>>8785812
LSD deactivated with heat, lol.
>laced with hash
So it was weed with weed oil?
>>
>>8785848
Right but I don't think you understand that you can't mix weed with hash without being able to tell literally straight away.

LSD, sure, because you can just drop the liquid on it, but like >>8785852 said, LSD is deactivated with weed.

Why do people make up stories to give things a bad name?
>>
Any /sci/ anons have theories about the dmt experience. Brainlet here trying to comprehend the experience
>>
>>8785867
It fuck with your brain which makes you see and feel weird shit.
>>
>>8785880
Say it with me, "LSD DEACTIVATES WITH HEAT"
Adding to that, why the fuck would you add LSD, a chemical that's very complicated to synthesize, and a drug that causes no physical dependence, to weed? If you're going to try to get your users "hooked", you'd add something actually addictive
>>
>>8785867
>specific frequency which gets louder and louder
>this frequency then explodes reality, making it slide apart like screen-tearing
>leave the body and shoot down a fractal tunnel with unimaginable colours, feels like warping
>arrive in a place where there is 4th dimensional shapes and geometry, you can't picture it when you return at all
>entities then arrive which are incredibly happy to see you, they show you and tell you amazing things which can be too much for some people
>there is no concept of time there so it feels like you're there for infinite
>you then return back to your body and immediately open your eyes, knowing absolutely everything there is to know, only for around 30 seconds
>that was only 10 minutes
>>
>>8785886
Why are you replying to me?
>>
>>8785724
>acid and lsd
>harmful
Heh
>>
File: 1489049230115.png (70KB, 249x274px) Image search: [Google]
1489049230115.png
70KB, 249x274px
>>8785891
I have no idea
>>
>>8785741
[Citation need]
>>
>>8785910
It's fucking common knowledge, Google it.
>>
>>8785867
Read up on the raphe nuclei. Also read this
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/neuro/neuro98/202s98-paper3/Frederickson3.html
We don't really know, in theory it shouldn't work like that.

>experience
It's pretty cool.
>>
>>8785910
I'll do it for you since you're fucking retarded.
https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/phs/phs.asp?id=218&tid=39

Under sources:
Formaldehyde is a gaseous pollutant produced by both human activity and natural sources.

Combustion processes account directly or indirectly for most of the formaldehyde entering the environment.
Large amounts are produced in the United States during manufacturing processes and as components of many end-use products.
Small amounts are produced naturally by plants, animals, and humans.
>>
Bump.

Why was this stuff everywhere in ancient Egypt and stuff?

I heard that this stuff had a lot to do with religion coming around.
>>
DMT feels like such an intense and otherworldly experience that it would have severe and profound implications on philosophy, yet it's never discussed in a philosophical way by anyone but crackpots. Are these people just crackpots or are they on to something?

Is it just a drug and no big deal? Or is it THE BIGGEST deal?
>>
>>8786936
It is literally the answer to life.

The universe is a simulation where consciousness can enter and exit with the use of this molecule, almost acting like a portal.
>>
>>8786482
>Ancient Egypt
Sources are basically DMT blogs. Go figure.

>I heard that this stuff had a lot to do with religion coming around
There is not any evidence to support this. People try to connect A to D without going through the obvious B and C. The only people who will say that DMT is responsible for religion are those that shop at Spencer's Gifts and listen to ICP on repeat.
>>
>>8786936
It's a visual stimulation for your mind. If you think DMT anything divine then you're thinking too deeply on it and will probably form an unhealthy obsession towards the romantization of DMT
>>
>>8785697
>Why is in the human body?
It is theorized to be in human body, very likely it is in the human body, however this has never been experimentally measured in the lab.

They have measured it in rats though
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bmc.2981/abstract
>>
>>8785724

>acid and lsd
>>
>>8785724
>like acid and lsd
>acid and lsd
>and

>>8785812
>weed laced with hash and lsd
>weed laced with weed
>weed laced with lsd
>LSD doesn't decompose at high temps

>>8785724
>>8785848

Cmon sci. You're supposed to be smart.
>>
>>8785697
Nobody knows for sure
>>
>>8787211
>>8785860
>>8785852
>>8785821

Sometimes I forget 95% of /sci/ doesn't understand the concept of sarcasm.
>>
>>8785848
>killing off your clientele
>profitable
>>
File: aRb0bcT.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
aRb0bcT.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
>>8785724
>Acid and LSD
Oh man, take some drugs kiddo
>>
File: 344.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
344.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>tfw too intelligent too experience psychedelia from psychedelics
>tfw only can experience body high
>>
It feels like /sci/ has never done any kind of illegal drug
>>
When I found out it was in my body I went to the police station crying and confessed
>>
>>8787912
i have tried most of the standard illegal drugs
>>
>>8785890
Could I see my dead dog again if I took DMT? Or is there a better drug for that?
>>
>>8788875
I don't know... I really don't know... one can hope
>>
>think
i dont think bro i only feel dmt is so flowy like a sign wave moving through interstellar space trying to find a home

i fucking hate you psy tards
>>
>>8786953
No
>>8786972
Yes

>>8786936
It's not the answer to life, it just makes you see and feel pretty things. Drug induced emotions don't provide true revelations, only clear headed thoughts that see past the illusions that emotions fog your head with are real.
>>
>>8788898
There's your problem dumbass, you don't think. And we're the tards
>>
>>8787807
It doesn't mean you're more intelligent, it just means you have no emotional capacity. Besides, I still feel intelligent when I'm high, I still have good ideas, I just can't remember or communicate them
>>
>>8787228
just accept that it was genius bait and move on
>>
Bamp

interested about this
>>
>>8785740
>>8785812
>>8785896
>>8786997
>>8787211
God druggies are the biggest babies on the planet
>>
>>8790585
>pointing out when someone is retarded is retarded

he was merely pretending to be stupid, right? :^)
>>
>>8788736
>standard illegal drugs
>>
>>8788898
You can't think with DMT, you don't have a brain in that place
>>
File: 1490335410311.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490335410311.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>8785697
how did Amazonian shamans, in one of the most biologically diverse place on Earth, know to brew two specific plants continuously for three days without inhaling the vapors in order to create Ayahuasca, which contains DMT? The Amazonians say that the trees told them how to prepare it.

Over 40,000 species of plants in the Amazon. The shamans knew to use the vine of one plant and the leaves of another. 40,000 species of plants. Each plant has various parts - roots, stem, leaves, seeds, vegetation, vines, flowers, pistils, etc. The preparation process takes 72 hours. But there are various steps to preparing it just right. it would take several thousand years of non-stop experimentation to stumble upon Ayahuasca by chance.

If you don't believe that there's more to DMT than meets the eye then you're 1000% in denial.
>>
DMT is a potent neurotoxin, and the possession of said substance should be punishable by death. There is no good reason for any respectable person to consume this garbage. Only an absolute brainlet would believe otherwise.
>>
>>8790560
Get your retarded ass back to (le)'ddit. Brainlets like you have no place here.
>>
>>8793265
DMT is found in the human brain you idiot.
>>
>>8793260
800 generations of trial and error?
>>
>>8793260
>hurr aliens and shiet

fuck off
>>
>>8793287
there would be documentation of some sort, otherwise it would have taken much longer than 800 generations

>>8793289
>strawman
brainlet
>>
>>8793281
>a neurotoxic street drug used by degenerate brainlets is "totally natural, duuuude"
You are a subhuman brainlet
>>
File: joe-rogan.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
joe-rogan.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>>8785697
well no because
>*brings the mic closer*
every 10 years your cells in your body actually completely change.
i was reading this article about how DMT can actually advance this process into only taking 6 years because your pineal gland- jaimie could you get that article up? yeah but its because your pineal glands can actually make your cells rejuvenate faster ... here we go
>*looks over at the screen*
look at that ...
yeah that chimp must be what? 400 pounds? jesus those things will tear you to shreds
>>
>>8793281
Why do you druggie faggots come here? Nobody here, other than other drug addicts, likes you. Go to fucking reddit or bluelight where you scumbags belong.
>>
>>8793329
your shitposting is too obvious. I suggest lurking a bit more and trying a bit less. let the shitposting come naturally.
>>
>>8793338
Go snort some more meth and suck your boyfriend's dick, you disgusting waste of welfare funds.
>>
>>8793336
I can only imagine the delicate sensibilities and an overwhelming case of asperger's that is required to post with that much emotion. did a pack of redditors rape your mother?
>>
>>8793344
Its amazing how brainlets like you from reddit always fit all the stereotypes. You should go suck your boyfriend's dick again. Maybe that will make you feel better, faggot.
>>
>>8793347
don't get so emotional. becoming that rabid over words on the internet isn't healthy for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 439x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 439x603px
>>8793349
Im not feeling emotional at all. Im just amused at how much of a brainlet you are, and how you fit all of the classic reddit fedora-faggot stereotypes to a tee. You should go back there. Nobody here likes you.
>>
>>8793354
>phoneposter

thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>8793356
>i spent all my money on my drug addiction. now i cant afford a phone
Not that youd need one anyways. Yourre to autistic for a phone to have any use.
>>
>>8793354
Not him but u must be fun
>>
>>8785697
Why is there always some loser asking about this shit drug on /sci/ every ~4-6 weeks? Thus isnt a fucking druggie website. You fags are pathetic.
>>
>>8793363
>chemicals aren't science related
>>
>>8793363
Just ignore them. This thread is a circle-jerk for maybe 3 or 4 losers and it will die within, at most, 24 hours, as these stupid threads always do.
>>
>>8793371
exactly. if these people are such degenerate idiots then their moronic claims should be self evident and arguing with them or yelling at them to go back to plebbit will only keep their thread bumped. exercise restraint.
>>
>>8789120
No
>>
>>8793371
But why do they come here when hardly anyone here shares their interests and there must be at least a dozen websites that are dedicated to their crap? Are they really just that stupid?
>>
>>8793382
Lol, its as if an english major came to /sci/ to ask for help with writing an essay on shakespeare. It makes no sense.
>>
>>8793382
>>8793388
thanks for keeping the thread bumped
>>
>>8793391
>muh alienz
>muh purdy colorz
>muh 6 gorilliom dimenshunz
Get your faggot ass back to (lelele)ddit, you autistic fuck.
>>
>>8793396
nah I'll keep posting here until you work yourself up into having a stroke. it seems that we're almost there.

btw I would rather take 1000 redditors over 1 autistic spergmaestro like yourself
>>
I am angry!
Angry about DMT!!
>>
>>8793396
>>8793382
>>8793373
>>8793363
>>8793359
>>8793354

get over yourselves. yes some drugposters say stupid shit but other people putting chemicals in their bodies is not a reason to throw your toys out the pram
>>
>>8785724
>will
Citations?
>>
>>8785890
That sounds astoundingly horrifying and that post evaporated all my urges to try dmt
>>
>>8785724
Acid and lsd are the same. Alcohol is by far one of the worst drugs, unsafe and legal. Mdma and lsd are safer and non addictive. People who die from mdma die because of water intoxication. To much water. Weed is actually considered more dangerous than mdma and lsd, but less than alcohol. Alcohol companies pay for skewed results of drugs to make it seem safer than what really it.
>>
File: 1490722920302.jpg (21KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
1490722920302.jpg
21KB, 500x494px
>>8793354
>nobody likes you
underage detected
>>
>>8793552
a low-energy chuckle was had
>>
>>8793265
Why should the government tell me, a consenting adult, what I can and can't put into my body.
Especially in the case of LSD, DMT, Psylocibin, Mescaline, etc. which are non-addictive and for the most part completely non-harmful substances.
>>
>>8793343
Psycadelics != amphetamines, benzos, opiates, alcohol, MDMA, MAD

At least educate yourself before sounding like an utter moron in front of people who have done their research
>>
>>8794471
I wouldn't lump MDMA in with LSD.
Around 10% of the MDMA that you consume is converted to MDA. MDA has actually been shown to be somewhat neurotoxic. Obviously rare use isn't going to be that physically harmful but you could trip on acid often and be fine but rolling every weekend is gonna start taking its toll.
>>
>>8794844
oops MDA*
>>
>>8794471
MDMA can be addicting if you take it too often, also probably neurotoxic if you take it more often than ~4 times a year.
>>>/erowid/
>>
>>8793260

One is an MAOI which is useful for short term stimulative effects. I have the feeling prior to the "discovery" of DMT, they'd ingest that plant.

So you have this stimulating piece of plant. If you're an autistic (or schizophrenic) shaman, you might try experimenting.

"Okay I take this and I take this."

No rush, the shaman is probably working on other shit.

"Let's see how this batch went...okay how about this one..."

There is no distraction of mass entertainment to occupy the mental space of a shaman.And he has time. And he can recite the sum of his knowledge orally to an apprentice.
>>
>>8795049

"What about poison?"

Smell. I'm sure prehistory is laid with the skeletons of those who experimented and died so that a single piece of knowledge could be transmitted. ("This shit is poisonous, don't touch it")
>>
First two trips were great. The third sucked. Haven't used it since.
>>
>>8795049
Eating the raw plant material does nothing. You can't simply ingest the stuff and call it a day.
>>
>>8795049
>If you're an autistic (or schizophrenic) shaman
same thing really
>>
File: IMG_1491008596702.jpg (413KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491008596702.jpg
413KB, 1512x2016px
>We're hitting phasor levels we've never reached before

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
"Breaking through" was seriously the most intense, magical feeling of my life.

It truly feels like entering a different dimension. I was visited by a glowing being, and several other entities. Each one felt alive.

I've done psychedelics before, and I'm used to seeing trippy geometry and patterns and colours, but DMT feels like a completely different thing entirely.
>>
>>8793260
Theyntsted every plant in many ways, they also solved many logistics problems, like components that need to be disolved on lipids, depresors and stimulants, plants for healing, for relaxation, tripping, etc...

The herbology knowledge it's increible vast, but that's what you can expect for tribes that have survived in the amazonas for 10.000 years.
>>
>>8795400
Try wake induced lucid dreaming. Literally better

I've tried DMT but lucid dreaming using some form of WILD method is..pretty fucken wild. Seriously...no substances required, just a fuck ton of patience and likely practice.

You're lieing still, and suddenly you hear a sort of high pitch noise, and as you're paying attention to that it seems like a much lower frequency boing sound happens. As you're noticing that, suddenly you realize your vision is no longer just a mix of black and visual snow, but is in fact a tunnel of sorts, highly geometric stationary tunnel, that seems to be appearing in front of you. While you're watching this you notice more high pitch sounds and sort of 'boing' and 'wizz' and 'wirr' sounds, very subtle...but somehow not. As you pay attention to the sounds they get louder and clearer and then begin to fade. Now here you have a choice, you can go through to tunnel, and end up somewhere else, or you can go in the tunnel but loop back, and end up right back in your bed. If you end up back in your bed, this can be a bit confusing, because now you have 'broken through' into dream state, but if you aren't highly lucid, this entire world will exert every effort to convince you it is real. When you're certain its not, then you can usually stay pretty stable. Now if you chose to go somewhere else you experience yourself 'falling' through the tunnel, and this experience is sometimes different but always pretty fucking intense, especially if you're fully awake during it. You see all sorts of shit on the walls of the tunnel, I'd say at a minimum its all at least 5 dimensional, sometimes 6 maybe, very occasionally just 4...I don't think I can remember ever seeing a plain 3D object anywhere in the tunnel though. There's a sort of flash...I feel like I never really have seen my vision directly continue from the tunnel to the arrival location without some sort of 'flash' or break of some sort. Cont.
>>
File: 134489320423.jpg (579KB, 960x906px) Image search: [Google]
134489320423.jpg
579KB, 960x906px
>>8795428
Cont.

So you arrive on location, either in your bed or wherever you imagined you wished to go, or perhaps somewhere random if you let it be random. As you explore, you'll find the world to be similar to the real one if you try to confine it to that. But if you let it just be on its own then you will see higher dimensional evolution of things, you'll be able to fly at will, conjure anything you like. Now what is possibly most interesting is talking to agents within the dream world. Personally I think on DMT or lucid dreaming you're just talking to yourself in a roundabout way, but its still highly interesting to do so. I suppose essentially seperate ciruits in the brain are being used or something.
>>
>>8785848
>>8785848
Your response is highly uneducated
>>
>>8793654
Thats alright DMT will come to you if and when the time is right
>>
>>8794471
No. More often than not people being hauled off by the EMTs while rolling are extremely dehydrated and electrolyte depleted. Seizure
>>
>>8796992
Then there's amphetamine psychosis because the good old boys from the Midwest and mountains love that shit and people don't test rolls they get.
>>
>>8785890
This sounds like it could be easily explained if someone bothered to spend a few decades of research on brain activity on DMT.

And if they could find clients willing to trip on DMT for hours every day, years on end.
>>
>>8797000
>>8796992

mdma can honestly be an issue with dehydration and electrolyte depletion even aside from the amphetamines it can be laced with.

mdma can cause issues with dehydration, and the issue is compounded with people dancing hard for hours straight, who might not notice their dehydration due to both the drug, the enviornment, and other substances they may be using.

However, this is a non-issue with anybody using it intelligently. Just drink your fucking gatorade.
>>
File: 1484791363969.jpg (3KB, 125x122px) Image search: [Google]
1484791363969.jpg
3KB, 125x122px
>>8785724
Why do you people even reply to this b8?
>>
>>8794471
>MDMA is safe
MDMA spurs irreversible and clear damage to serotonergic systems after a single use. There's a lot of bullshit out there, but the literature here has been incredibly clear and consistent.
>>
>>8795428
>>8795435
WILD is great, I remember one time I woke up at night but still had my eyes closed and was in that extremely sleepy state. Stayed still, focused on my breathing, and in a few seconds could feel the front lobe of my head being "pulled" if you know what I mean.

Then came the screaming, horrible screams and sounds of children playing outside my window. I heard a dog-like animal slamming into my door over and over until a warping sounds came over me and I sat up in my bed, but all the lights were on and TV was rolling. Took a look at the time and it said 7, looked away and looked back and it was already a different time completely.

Crazy experience.
>>
>>8797065
Most people do recognize that mdma isn't 'safe' the way other things are absolutely safe, but there is typically a way to use it safely.

Nobody thinks its perfectly okay to roll on mdma every weekend, but doing so once a month or two is perfectly fine.

Honestly, please correct me if I'm wrong, its just what I'd found.
>>
>>8797065
From what i know, MDMA is a drug to be used with caution.
It is definitely far from harmless.
>>8794471
Though it is a drug much more interesting than alcohol.
>>
>>8797081
Read: irreversible damage

It's not about how often you use it, but how many times total
>>
>>8797081
Think of it like jamming a monkey wrench in some gears and then prying around for a while, and then giving the gears a few precise slams along their edges on the way out. In average physiological conditions, it affects the body's machinery in a set and consistent way. It's simply a matter of how the body responds to this compounds relative to the times it is applied and the quantity applied.
>>
>>8797081
Once a month or twice is pretty frequent to be safe. (Though dosage has to be taken under consideration.)
I remember reading somewhere that afer a decent dosage of MDMA you should wait between 3 and 6 months for the serotonin levels to readjust. (i have no citation at the moment)
https://erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_neurotoxicity.shtml
>>
>>8795428

>lucid dreaming

literally just raise your blood pressure if you want to astral project/lucid dream. take a bunch of naproxen.
>>
DMT vs MDMA
go
>>
>>8797128
this is like asking if you should get a dog or a computer
>>
>>8797137

lmfao yeah
>>
>>8797128
MDMA

especially with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maLwXr-90io
>>
>>8790649
Yea, by that I mean the well known drugs. There are 100's of designer drugs/lesser known drugs.

Off the top of my head:
cocain
weed
MDMA and XTC
GHB (by accident)
alcohol
LSD
shrooms
nicotine
speed

Currently I stopped drug use, except for a nasty nicotine addiction (4 cigs a day). It was fun to experiment and party though, but now I'm focussing on my job and health. If you keep doing it for too long, it'll drag you down.
>>
>>8798190
>It was fun to experiment and party though, but now I'm focussing on my job and health. If you keep doing it for too long, it'll drag you down.

This. My grades before I started doing MDMA was fucking awful(engineerfag). It was not that I didn't understand anything, I just didn't have motivation to study at all. I think MDMA and some occasional weed with lots of shits and giggles really improved that. We would only roll once in every 2-3 months, but really hard and then focus on our studies. Complete change in my life. Everything went better after that, even after I stopped doing it. Now I have been clean for almost 4 years and feel much much better.

Responsible usage does wonders I guess.
>>
>>8786936
“DMT literally sent me to the 8th dimension. I thought I glitched out of reality and that this exact moment had happened hundreds of times before. I was returning to a zone where I could see every version of myself smoking DMT in my past lives while seeing my surroundings corrupt into a very complex hyper-realistic reality […] Then shit got crazy and I got obliterated from the universe. Apparently I wasn’t supposed to smoke DMT because it glitches reality and destroyed my illusion of it, thus there was no purpose for reality to exist any longer now that I knew what true reality was like. I got sent back to the “source” waiting to be reborn while the 3D universe was absorbed into all fractal dimensions […] I was now officially at Point (0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0) in the 8th dimension, the center of literally everything, while I waited for the universe to rebuild itself again. Then the trip ended with me staring at my washing machine.”

“My face went numb. My hands and feet tingled and pulsed as the blood run through them. I could feel every cell in my body. I was whole and one, but separate. All of a sudden I felt a wind on my face. I was rushing past something, like a tunnel of light. Pure white light, but through it was a rainbow of impossible colors that flashed and spun. I saw every letter, number, symbol and hieroglyph created by man. I saw how language ties together our human perspective, and how reality can be shifted using thoughts and ideas created through the gift of language. I saw every pattern, mandala, mathematics, fractals, I saw the essence and geometry that holds life together. Calculations deeper and more profound than the Fibonacci sequence or the flower of life.

I remember my life and all my mistakes and shortcomings. I’m shown my entire life from start to finish in the blink of an eye. And then boom. It all goes. And I’m back in the present. Staring at my curtains, slightly waving still from the hallucinogens.”
>>
>>8795428
>>8797070
Aye that feeling of going into the dream state from waking is the best shit ever. Only had it a few times though, lately my LD's have been just triggered inside a dream.
>>
>>8793265
You shills are everywhere. Dmt works and you can disprove it in ten fucking minutes by taking it. Every single person who has ever taken this shit says the same thing and every person who shits on it seems to have no odea what theyre talking about. The only refutations i ever hear about this are ad hominems or poorly constructed strawmen.

Go take the drug then come back.
>>
>>8788875
You can't control drug induced hallucinations. You're not going to see what you want to see, you're gonna see what the drug induces. I've never tried DMT and apparently the descriptions don't do it justice as the experience is ineffable. But LSD just gives weird effects to the world around you. Doesn't really make you see shit that isnt there.
>>
>>8789120
This is how I feel about most indescribable experiences, that come from psychedelics, dreams, hallucinations, etc. You feel the feeling of having some great revolutionary insight without ever having actually had said insight. You get the rush from your reward center without an actual substantial trigger by thought, just a forced chemical trigger from introducing a foreign substance.

However, this is not to say that insights cannot be gained from psychedelics. I feel that I've learned more about myself, not necessarily the whole of existence, but my own perspective through psychedelics than anything else other than simple sober introspection.
>>
>>8793329
Why are you doing this? I know that you know that you're doing this for shits and giggles and you know that DMT does not actually have the potential for physical harm, but people don't know this shit. There are some people here that probably believe you. And I think that's ridiculous.
>>
>>8793552
[OK]
>>
>>8785867

it shuts down your higher level neurons and turns you into some kind of 1 year old baby for a few minutes. i notice that all people seem to remember about the dmt experience is that they were happy just like a baby or a stupid dog
>>
>>8800013

i know people that completely fucked themselves up permanently on DMT stop lying to yourself
>>
>>8786936
it is THE BIGGEST deal, however, you only can 'get it' if you actually try it. At least thats how it seems to be...I've tried LSD a number of times but definitely haven't experienced traveling to another world or something like that. I don't think I /needed/ LSD to learn some of the stuff I've learned from it. It definitely sped things up though. Id say maybe..it sorta seemed to aid understanding things in an intuitive way, including incredibly complex things. From that personal experience...I have a feeling the 'other world' you see in DMT lets you in on some pretty interesting shit. So much shit that you can't really meaningfully discuss it with anyone, besides suggesting they also try DMT.

All that said I don't believe its any supernatural thing. My personal hypothesis is that it ties into the dream state, as well as allowing otherwise separate circuits in the brain talk to eachother, and that this potentially allows for direct experience and understanding of complex processes. I dunno.
>>
>>8800159
>I have a feeling the 'other world' you see in DMT lets you in on some pretty interesting shit. So much shit that you can't really meaningfully discuss it with anyone
I think the alternative, that the shit you're feeling/seeing is not actually interesting in any way, but it's the drug that makes you feel like it's interesting and profound while you're on it, is much more plausible.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.