[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any good tips on getting better at algebra and where to start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 78159763.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
78159763.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
any good tips on getting better at algebra and where to start ? trying to finish my ged but im having a hard time passing the math because of algebra. The basics of algebra is pretty easy but it gets hard for me with the harder more complex equations.
>>
>>
>>8784300
It's not fucking difficult. You're just not putting enough time into it. Start thinking about the rules and questions you did in the past when you're showering, jerking off, taking a shit.

Try proving to yourself whether the "rule" you did was correct by plugging in numerical values.

Use online resources. Most importantly, do more practice problems.
>>
>>8784300
>How do I get better at algebra
Study
>>
File: download.jpg (22KB, 332x499px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
22KB, 332x499px
>>8784300
>>
>>8784327
im trying.
>>
>>8784310
will look into these thanks.
>>8784333
>>8784317
>Most importantly, do more practice problems.
will do
>>
>>8784300
they should make a book called algebra for retards since i suck so bad at it.
>>
What sort of algebra are we talking about here?
>>
File: 1485061431441.jpg (12KB, 319x267px) Image search: [Google]
1485061431441.jpg
12KB, 319x267px
>>8784300

>Step 1: Git gud.
>>
>>8784300
go on libgen.io and get sheldon axler's precalculus. it includes a solutions manual showing you exactly how every second exercise is solved.

while you're on libgen get Paul Zeits' 'Art and Craft of Problem Solving' and read the first 4 chapters to learn strategies of problem solving.

now read Axler's book, do all the exercises, even the one's without answers. go on stackexchange and ask for assistance if you can't solve those.

also look up all algebra videos on khan academy but esp watch this, even though it's about linear algebra it applies to basic algebra https://youtu.be/kjBOesZCoqc?list=PLZHQObOWTQDPD3MizzM2xVFitgF8hE_ab it's about thinking in a geometric intuition.

you will absolutely, positively know it after that.
>>
>there are brainlets that struggle with material I mastered in 8th grade

damn...
>>
>>8784752
You're a brainlet to Tao for struggling with algebra in 8th grade when he already was getting admitted to university at age 9.
>>
>>8784759
Well, so are you
>>
>>8784801
How do you know I'm not Michael Kearney and finished a Bachelors by age 10.
>>
>>8784618
checked
>>
>>8784300
Go to wolfram problem generator and choose a category. If you can't solve a problem, google it or check your textbook until you find out how to go about it. If you can't describe it, use symbolab to get a step by step explanation and then keep trying the same category. Don't stop attempting a category when you think you kinda more or less follow the general idea, keep attempting each one until you have a fluent mastery of it.
>>
>>8784336
read math books like they are story books and never continue on until you understand everything before
>>
lmao ur a fucking retard dont finish your GED do a trade
>>
>>8787125
Again, information theory. I think there are limits to what humans are capable of understanding, like, hieroglyphics for example. It's not known what is not known.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.